Sydney siders shooting idea

Let's generate some ideas for places to meet and things to shoot.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Sydney siders shooting idea

Postby gleff on Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:26 am

Hi All,

I think it was ACA or something that I was watching last night, where they mentioned that they are lighting up buildings with spectacular colours in Macquarie st, CBD. That, and the display at the big church (can't remember the name), could be some very interesting night shooting.

I haven't decided whether i'll go yet.. I have the next couple of days off starting tomorrow, so I may go.

Just thought someone else might be interested in case you missed it.
http://www.gleff.com

Postby d70_n00b on Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:32 am

Hmm... a week or two ago my girlfriend and I went to Centrepoint Tower for dinner and saw a multi-colored building from the window... Looked very interesting, both of us were trying to figure out what it was...

Then, a few nights later, we were heading towards the Chinatown area when we found it:

(btw: I haven't done anything with the images, I know they're crooked... Just snapped a couple shots, trying to dodge the people and cars when possible :))

I was trying to figure out what it was, and why it was lit up... is this the Church you mentioned? If so, does anyone know the name behind it?

Just curious. Thanks!
Anthony
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/acaruso/">http://www.flickr.com/photos/acaruso/</a>
Nikon D70
18-70 kit lens, Nikkor 70-300 G, SB-800
d70_n00b

Postby gstark on Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:44 am

Yeah.

They said ythe same thing for the Festival of Syndey a coupkle of years back.

it was over-hyped and a big yawn.

There is little that's better on some of the older buildings around town than a few carefully placed plain white lights. Anything else just detracts from the beauty of the buildings and their architecture.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby gstark on Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:46 am

Anthony,

That's the Sydney Town Hall, and while I mean no disrespect to your phtography, the lighting of the building in this manner does nothing at all for me.

I think it's ugly and crass, and it detracts from an otherwise beautiful public building.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Return to Shooting and meeting ideas