Sunrise Session Northern Beaches + more..

Let's generate some ideas for places to meet and things to shoot.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Sunrise Session Northern Beaches + more..

Postby biggerry on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:40 pm

Its gonna be a day of photographic fun, roll up your boardies, put on your rock hoppers (or scuba booties) and get into it.

I am heading up to Dee Why on Sunday morning, will be there for a pre-dawn start, if your keen PM me and I will advise of details etc. Plenty of rock action and poolage...

For those super keen and time to burn, Sunday afternoon (around 3-4ish) is gonna be a visit to the Art Gallery to see this;

http://www.dslrusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=40639&p=426396#p426396

then a short walk to see this;

http://www.dslrusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40065&p=426391#p426391

you still here?

alrighty, and there is gonna be a stunning sunset over the harbour for which you can practice all the techniques gleaned from the exhibitions.

and somewhere in the middle of all that I gotta buy a fridge or I am in the shit

so there is something for everyone, even if your sick to death of seeing seascapes... :rotfl2:
gerry's photography journey
No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.
biggerry

Re: Sunrise Session Northern Beaches + more..

Postby surenj on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:58 pm

Keen but may cancel if I end up watching too much cricket... :mrgreen:

Definite for the afternoon escapade.

Are you getting the fridge delivered (if too large) or muscling it home yourself?

I am keen to do something different...perhaps a bit of strobism. Adding more elements to a scene etc... Would be good to hear and see whether I can bounce some ideas off you.
surenj

Postby rflower on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:21 am

Not that I will join you Gerry ... bit far for me ...

But if you are starting pre-dawn on Sunday, have a look at the moon at around 5:10 ...

http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/-/world/9039254/moon-bigger-brighter

News Yahoo wrote:The moon will appear bigger and brighter for the next few days...the biggest in fact for almost 20 years.

It's called a perigee moon when it's closest to earth and its orbit. It's some 31 thousand miles closer than when it's farthest away, meaning it'll look bigger and brighter than it has since 1993.
But it becomes full on Sunday morning at 05.10 am (AEDT), one hour before lunar perigee.

"So, Sunday morning, those people who are up early or getting home super late, look to the west and you'll see the biggest moon for 18 years," Mr Wyatt said.
Russell
Nikon D700 // 50 1.4 // 70-200 2.8 VRII // 24-120 f4// Tamron 90 // SB-800 // 70-300G
I'm on Redbubble too ... http://www.redbubble.com/people/rflower
If you can make one of my photos look better and you have the inclination ... please do so.
rflower

Postby surenj on Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:38 pm

Confirmed for tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the great tip Russel. This is a great time for sunset + moonrise at the same time..

Does any one have a long canon lens I could borrow for the day? :chook:
surenj

Postby biggerry on Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:36 pm

rflower wrote:Not that I will join you Gerry ... bit far for me ...

But if you are starting pre-dawn on Sunday, have a look at the moon at around 5:10 ...

http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/-/worl ... r-brighter

nice one Russell, hopefully teh skies clear up a bit and we can see this either in the morning or sunday night...the biggest in 18 years eh?! can't miss that!

surenj wrote:Keen but may cancel if I end up watching too much cricket...

Definite for the afternoon escapade.

Are you getting the fridge delivered (if too large) or muscling it home yourself?

I am keen to do something different...perhaps a bit of strobism. Adding more elements to a scene etc... Would be good to hear and see whether I can bounce some ideas off you.

lol, understand about the cricket!

fridge wise, just gotta get one paid for and organise it to be delivered! I ain't lifting no fridges!

regards strobism, I shall charge up the batteries....and bring my swag of flashes (qty 1) :)

Might be worthwhile taking care tomorrow given teh weather warning!

Sunday Cloudy. Scattered showers. Winds SE averaging up to 25 km/h tending E up to 30 km/h during the afternoon. Dangerous surf conditions, hazardous for coastal activities such as swimming, surfing and rock fishing, are expected in the morning. Low to Moderate.
biggerry

Postby biggerry on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:31 am

Well, good thing we canned that one early guys :rotfl2: its only just stopped raining! Next weekend will hopefully be better!
biggerry

Postby surenj on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:19 am

It's has started again now. :roll: I guess it's the wild weather that the moon is supposed to cause. :wink:
surenj

Postby Remorhaz on Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:03 pm

Oooh - lucky I read this thread - I took my girls to Taronga Zoo today (I know - rain and all - although for most of the time it was reasonably good and I think I might have managed to snag a few nice captures - will see). We got home about half an hour ago and I was about to head off to the city to join you all at the galleries :)
D600, D7000, Nikon/Sigma/Tamron Lenses, Nikon Flashes, Sirui/Manfrotto/Benro Sticks
Rodney - My Photo Blog
Want: Fast Wide (14|20|24)
Remorhaz

Postby surenj on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:13 pm

Gerry still went on a whim to the galleries. I couldn't make it as I had already written it off in my mind and ran out of time when I found out.
surenj

Return to Shooting and meeting ideas