GDAY

For the Westies. So to speak.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

GDAY

Postby Essendon on Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:24 am

Having just purchased a D70s before xmas I have refuelled my photography fire big time. Now i can shoot in any situation knowing that if i make a few bad photos i wont have to pay for it. I have learned more in the last few weeks than with 5 years with my D50. Anyways I am keen to join the Adelaide Photograpy club. Is anyone here a member? if so I will be interested to hear your thoughts. PS does anyone want to buy a D50 with lense kit and/or a Vitacon 100-400mm. Both in great nick.
Essendon

Postby owen on Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:41 am

Hi Essendon, welcome to the forum mate.

Photo clubs can be great, but I don't think I'll be going this year because I just don't like having to mount my photos to take them along to show.

There's a for sale forum listed on the front page, you might like to list your gear there.

Cheers,
Owen.
http://www.ausphotos.com - My Gallery

http://www.doesgodexist.com - a very interesting site.
owen

Postby birddog114 on Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:04 am

Essendon,
Pls. read the FAQ on this board, it'll help you more to understand about this small community.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby gstark on Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:42 am

Essendon,

That would be a Canon D50, not a Nikon D50, right?

As Birddog said, please meake sure that you read the FAQ.

And then please read on ...

Owen,

Because Essendon is a new member he won't be able to post into the For Sale section.

And those who try to post any for sale messages in any other section are breaking our rules here - that is simply not permitted, and for a new member, it's a great way to get on the wrong side of the admins and mods.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby stubbsy on Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:47 am

Hi Essendon and welcome

Another thing you may notice when you read the FAQ is that you should put your location in your profile. Now I know from reading this that you live in Adelaide, but in other posts that won't be obvious. One big reason for the location thhing is so people don't say things like pop around to birddogs (which is in Sydney) which is a touch difficult if you're interstate. :wink:
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby Essendon on Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:02 pm

gstark wrote:Essendon,

That would be a Canon D50, not a Nikon D50, right?

As Birddog said, please meake sure that you read the FAQ.

And then please read on ...

Owen,

Because Essendon is a new member he won't be able to post into the For Sale section.

And those who try to post any for sale messages in any other section are breaking our rules here - that is simply not permitted, and for a new member, it's a great way to get on the wrong side of the admins and mods.

Yeah my Sony. Sorry. The camera is an F50, but at three am last night I had D on the brain.
Essendon

Postby digitor on Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:48 pm

Hi Essendon, welcome to the forum. I don't know anybody in the Adelaide Photography Club, but it couldn't be as good as this one! :lol: :lol:

Cheers
What's another word for "thesaurus"?
digitor

Return to Adelaide and Perth