anyone used the sc29?

Had a play with something interesting? Got something that we all covet? Found a real lemon? Write a few lines about it, and share your experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

anyone used the sc29?

Postby redline on Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:35 pm

i just imported the sc29 along with the sb800, opened the box to see a big fat warning for C.A residents that use will cause birth defects and other problems. I remember it had to with something with the lead content in the wires when i was back in a C.A hi-fi store.
does other versions from different areas of the world of this have this warning? i am overreacting if i decided not to use it?
Life's pretty straight without drifting
http://www.puredrift.com
redline

Postby sirhc55 on Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:53 pm

I use the SC29 with impunity - so don’t worry - whoops my left leg just fell off!!! :wink:

But seriously I would not worry - did you know that tomatoes are carcinogenic? What they don’t say is that you need to eat tonnes of them - hope you see the moral. . .

Chris
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby Onyx on Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:01 pm

Mate, don't worry. Just for your pleasure, I'll even offer to lick the cord of the SC29 and be have my blood tested every fortnight for a year just for your pleasure.... ;)

The label has more to do with stupidity of Schwatzanegger's state laws and their litiguous society than any real health issue.

I remember coming across drill bits that were known to the state of California to cause birth defects. If applied physically to the womb of a pregnant woman, I'm sure it will...
Onyx

Postby Greg B on Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:23 pm

There were a bunch of pictures doing the rounds a few months ago, two I remember were a rock with a warning that it was not to be used as a flotation device, and a microphone with a label warning against using it as an anal probe.

OK, relevance to the issue may be marginal, but how many times are we likely to have "anal probe" in a post on d70users with any degree of relevance?

:lol:
Greg - - - - D200 etc

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
- Arthur Schopenhauer
Greg B

Postby redline on Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:24 pm

oh i see, i guess it protects companies from lawsuits of ppl dying of cancer and suffering birth defects
redline

Postby gstark on Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:16 pm

In California, every gas station - every pump even - carries signage warning that gais known to the state of California to cause ...

It's just CYA stuff.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Killakoala on Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:24 pm

Don't forget the airline peanuts packet that says, 'may contain traces of peanuts.'
Steve.
|D700| D2H | F5 | 70-200VR | 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-70 | 10.5 | 12-24 | SB800 |
Website-> http://www.stevekilburn.com
Leeds United for promotion in 2014 - Hurrah!!!
Killakoala

Postby Onyx on Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:29 am

Killakoala wrote:Don't forget the airline peanuts packet that says, 'may contain traces of peanuts.'
 LOL, that is so true. I received one of those packets, I wished I had kept it!!
Onyx

Postby birddog114 on Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:36 am

How's about the following, may add to any packaging of shipping to:
"the lust may bring you lack of sleep and hardship" :lol:
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby Greg B on Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:42 am

The real downside to this sort of idiocy is that it has an effect on people's perceptions of warnings, and as a consequence, important warnings may be disregarded or down valued.

It is the warning that cried wolf syndrome.
Greg - - - - D200 etc

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
- Arthur Schopenhauer
Greg B

Postby atencati on Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:05 am

My wife brought home a box of firewood for the fireplace the other night and printed right on the side of the box:

"caution: Flammable. Keep away from flame"

Go figure....... I love CA! Hey, Arnie is right down the street, shall I go say Hi for ya all??

Andy
D70, 70-200VR, 18-70, 50 1.8, SB800
Blackberry PIN: 2029497E
atencati

Postby Onyx on Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:00 am

You better be careful outside Andy. Air is known to the state of California to be carcinogenic. may cause birth defects and bla bla. Better go to the doctor and ask for an exam of your ovaries... ;)
Onyx

Postby redline on Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:28 am

Onyx wrote:You better be careful outside Andy. Air is known to the state of California to be carcinogenic. may cause birth defects and bla bla. Better go to the doctor and ask for an exam of your ovaries... ;)

do you think that the CA air combined with the cable is causing the carcinogenic effect with most cables?
redline

Return to Equipment Reviews