Markins M-20 Ballhead with QR (MATT BLACK)

Had a play with something interesting? Got something that we all covet? Found a real lemon? Write a few lines about it, and share your experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Markins M-20 Ballhead with QR (MATT BLACK)

Postby fozzie on Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:01 pm

Well my new Ballhead arrived today from Markins, Seoul, Korea and I could not be happier. Size is bigger than I expected, but none the less excellent workmanship. It is so smooth to operate and worth the US$370 + US$20 for Shipping. Paid via PayPal for an additional US$10. I was fortunate to escape GST and any Customs fees associated. :D

FYI: website is:

http://www.markins.com/2.0/eng/products ... _2004.html

This now completes my 'GITZO' G-1327 tripod setup.

Cheers,
fozzie

When people ask what equipment I use - I tell them my eyes.
fozzie
Key Member

Re: Markins M-20 Ballhead with QR (MATT BLACK)

Postby birddog114 on Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:30 pm

fozzie wrote:Well my new Ballhead arrived today from Markins, Seoul, Korea and I could not be happier. Size is bigger than I expected, but none the less excellent workmanship. It is so smooth to operate and worth the US$370 + US$20 for Shipping. Paid via PayPal for an additional US$10. I was fortunate to escape GST and any Customs fees associated. :D

Cheers,

fozzie,
Xmas toys are around you! got the SB-800 OK? The RRS-337 mailed to you this afternoon.
Do you have in mind when will is the grand opening day?
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Re: Markins M-20 Ballhead with QR (MATT BLACK)

Postby fozzie on Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:42 pm

Birddog,

Birddog114 wrote:
fozzie wrote:Well my new Ballhead arrived today from Markins, Seoul, Korea and I could not be happier. Size is bigger than I expected, but none the less excellent workmanship. It is so smooth to operate and worth the US$370 + US$20 for Shipping. Paid via PayPal for an additional US$10. I was fortunate to escape GST and any Customs fees associated. :D

Cheers,

fozzie,
Xmas toys are around you! got the SB-800 OK? The RRS-337 mailed to you this afternoon.
Do you have in mind when will is the grand opening day?

Package containing SB-800 and ML-L3 collected from the Post Office earlier this afternoon. I have just started to read the SB-800 manual. I think it is time to go and get a Scotch and Soda or Galway Pipe Fine Old Tawny Port or perhaps both.
I have noted dispatch of RRS-337. Hopefully it will be here either Thursday or Friday in time for Xmas break. :D

Cheers,
fozzie

fozzie
Key Member

Postby birddog114 on Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:59 pm

Package containing SB-800 and ML-L3 collected from the Post Office earlier this afternoon. I have just started to read the SB-800 manual. I think it is time to go and get a Scotch and Soda or Galway Pipe Fine Old Tawny Port or perhaps both.

Fozzie,
Nothing in that manual to read, insert the batteries, switch it on and shoot, that's the best way to learn.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby Raydar on Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:08 pm

Birddog114 wrote:

Fozzie,
Nothing in that manual to read, insert the batteries, switch it on and shoot, that's the best way to learn.

Birdy's hit the nail on the head with that one.
Leave the manual untill you get bord one day, by then you will know it all any ho!!!!!!! :wink:

Cheers
Ray :P
>> All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism<<
Raydar

Postby fozzie on Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:12 pm

Raydar,

Raydar wrote:
Birddog114 wrote:

Fozzie,

Birdy's hit the nail on the head with that one.
Leave the manual untill you get bord one day, by then you will know it all any ho!!!!!!! :wink:

Cheers
Ray :P

After 25 or so minutes of reading, your suggestion is looking good. BTW: the drinks are almost gone. Got to go and change the hose on the front lawn.

Cheers,
fozzie

fozzie
Key Member

Postby Onyx on Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:38 pm

Lotsa new toys for you Fozzie. Enjoy em!
Onyx

Return to Equipment Reviews