New lens

Had a play with something interesting? Got something that we all covet? Found a real lemon? Write a few lines about it, and share your experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

New lens

Postby meicw on Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:10 pm

I have just bought a Tamron 28-300 f3.5-f6.3 XR Di LD lens. Was looking at the Nikon & Tamron 70-300's, but on all these the front element turns when focussing, which makes it a bit fiddly if using a CPL or grad filter. The front element on this lens does not move, and the diameter is 62mm, the same as the kit lens. The only drawback that I can see at the moment is the small aperture (6.3) at full telephoto.
I have posted 3 pics taken with this lens on PixSpot in the 'Test' gallery. I have shown both the original and a slightly cropped version.

Regards
Meic
meicw

Re: New lens

Postby birddog114 on Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:18 pm

meicw wrote:I have just bought a Tamron 28-300 f3.5-f6.3 XR Di LD lens. Was looking at the Nikon & Tamron 70-300's, but on all these the front element turns when focussing, which makes it a bit fiddly if using a CPL or grad filter. The front element on this lens does not move, and the diameter is 62mm, the same as the kit lens. The only drawback that I can see at the moment is the small aperture (6.3) at full telephoto.
I have posted 3 pics taken with this lens on PixSpot in the 'Test' gallery. I have shown both the original and a slightly cropped version.

Regards
Meic

The kit len is 67mm!
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby meicw on Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:27 pm

Opps so it is. Der, what a dummy !!! I do have a 62mm Cokin P adapter, which I THINK I was thinking of. (If that makes sense :) )

Meic
meicw

Return to Equipment Reviews