Sigma 12-24mm ART - how do you like it???

Had a play with something interesting? Got something that we all covet? Found a real lemon? Write a few lines about it, and share your experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Sigma 12-24mm ART - how do you like it???

Postby haring on Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:35 pm

Sigma 12-24mm F4 DG HSM Art owners!!!

I just wanted to gather some real life experience from photographers who own the Sigma 12-24mm F4 lens.

How do you like it so far? Do you use it a lot? Is it sharp? Any uncontrollable distortion?

Thanks so much!
haring

Re: Sigma 12-24mm ART - how do you like it???

Postby TonyT on Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:01 am

Hi

Cannot comments on the F4 Art but I do own for a long time now, the older version and have found it to sharp as well as in the corners better then my 24-105 which is soft in the corners (which I have just given to my granddaughter for this reason)
I do not use it a lot, yes there is bad distortion in some shooting cases, as building if you to close but if you can get some distance then its fine, landscapes to wide I find must of the time where now I use 16-35 F4.
I shoot people with it but you need to be able to stand back. basically when your in tight then there is a lot of distortion.
TonyT

Return to Equipment Reviews