Novocastrian wants to meet re photo ops / advice

Items of local interest for those in Sydney

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Novocastrian wants to meet re photo ops / advice

Postby stubbsy on Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:06 pm

I live in Newcastle. I can drive to Sydney. I know *** all about my D70 yet and seriously need to look at / play with some toys like you guys have done (most recently) at birddogs.

I have yet to purchase a tripod (Gitzo 1227 beckons, but price is scary - scarier still when I think about a ball head to go on top).

I also have lens lust (who doesn't!) and am looking at a Sigma or Nikon 12-24mm (Gary I know - get the Nikon).

I figure if I take the time (round trip = 4.5 hours) to drive to Sydney I'd damn sure better take some photos somehwre while playing with said toys.

I can't really bring much to the table although I could bring a tasty red from my cellar.

Anyone interested in organising for a few of us to get together?

TIA
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby Matt. K on Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:21 pm

stubbsy
There is a meet next Saturday at Blues Point. You would need to contact Birddog, or keep watching the forum because I am not sure how many attendees we have and we are trying to keep the numbers fairly low. Failing this....there will be more workshops in the near future and failing that then I will try and make myself available on a weekend of your choice and we will go shoot the town.
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby Onyx on Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:37 pm

Geoff, this is the optimum opportunity for you to mention what you have mentioned to me in email. :)
Onyx

Postby stubbsy on Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:39 pm

Matt K.

Thanks I'd looked at the Blues point one but it was already full (in fact it seems to be over the numbers). I guess my concern (being an impatient type) is that I've been watching this item waiting for it to come and go (since it was already full when I first saw it back in mid Dec) and it is only just about to happen.

Onyx
very cryptic
Peter
stubbsy

Postby Onyx on Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:50 am

Geoff has some ideas for an upcoming meet... I shall let him decryptify.
Onyx

Re: Novocastrian wants to meet re photo ops / advice

Postby birddog114 on Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:42 am

stubbsy wrote:I live in Newcastle. I can drive to Sydney. I know *** all about my D70 yet and seriously need to look at / play with some toys like you guys have done (most recently) at birddogs.

I have yet to purchase a tripod (Gitzo 1227 beckons, but price is scary - scarier still when I think about a ball head to go on top).

I also have lens lust (who doesn't!) and am looking at a Sigma or Nikon 12-24mm (Gary I know - get the Nikon).

I figure if I take the time (round trip = 4.5 hours) to drive to Sydney I'd damn sure better take some photos somehwre while playing with said toys.

I can't really bring much to the table although I could bring a tasty red from my cellar.

Anyone interested in organising for a few of us to get together?

TIA

Geoff,
The Nikon and Sigma all has the letter and band in gold! :lol: :lol:
Pls. check the mini meet at my base in the morning of this Saturday (Sydney section).
Make a trip here and you won't disappoint. I have all the gears you want to lust for a test drive.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby stubbsy on Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:37 am

birddog

check the mini meet at my base in the morning of this Saturday

Thanks for the offer, but this weekend is out as I'm hoping to get down to Newcastle harbour foreshore and take photos of the tall ships and classic cars that are in town for the weekend

Cheers
Peter
stubbsy

Return to Sydney