Thumbs Up for Photocontinental in BNE

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Thumbs Up for Photocontinental in BNE

Postby garyr on Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:50 am

I recently purchased a 24-105L lens from PhotoContinental in Mt Gravatt - http://www.photocontinental.com.au/. I had a few challenges with the Canon QC - first one was soft, second had a chip on an internal lens, and the third had a really noisy IS (I am the fussiest person I know, really ;).

Each time the folks at PhotoContinental were very helpful and swapped them at the store - rather than making me go through Canon - and all this with a smile. I cannot praise their customer service highly enough.

The advertised prices seem high when compared with HK or other online stores - but I have found PC happy to try and match prices. I am willing to pay a little extra for the peace of mind and after sales service though.

I highly recommend them, thanks PC!

Regards,
Gary
garyr

Postby petal666 on Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:13 pm

I guess you don't want the one I've got then, thanks for replying to my emails :roll:
Canon 1D III
petal666

Postby garyr on Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:32 pm

Sorry Ben - I've been away for a while without access to email - and catching up with work the last two days and reinstalling my laptop there just has been no time to get to my personal emails yet. Sincere and public apology for messing you around!

Regards,
Gary
garyr

Postby petal666 on Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:40 pm

I'll survive :)
Canon 1D III
petal666

Re: Thumbs Up for Photocontinental in BNE

Postby Reschsmooth on Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:13 pm

Just a quick note about my one and only PC experience - I went in there just before Christmas looking for some developing stuff. The girl I spoke to, despite talking about her "degree" or whatever (I should have asked if it was a degree in "Not knowing what I am talking about"), had no idea about film development. Granted, I didn't have much of an idea so was relying on her, but, suffice it to say I walked out of there without all the gear I needed because, despite repeated questions, she didn't know that I needed fixer (unless, of course, it is common practice not to use fixer when developing film). If she didn't know, she should have said so.

It was funny that at least one member of staff (Andrew?) recognised Alicia from when she used to work there something like 15 years ago. :D
Regards, Patrick

Two or three lights, any lens on a light-tight box are sufficient for the realisation of the most convincing image. Man Ray 1935.
Our mug is smug
Reschsmooth

Postby Big Red on Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:17 pm

i've always had a good experience in there. :up:
Big Red

Postby mistadasO on Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:30 am

I bought a DO Canon lens from them seems a good store would use them again.
Online shopping is tempting but for lenses it sounds safer to use a store in OZ
mistadasO

Postby petal666 on Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:00 am

mistadasO wrote:Online shopping is tempting but for lenses it sounds safer to use a store in OZ

Really? That is one of things I have no trouble buying online.
Canon 1D III
petal666

Postby Grev on Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:39 am

Reschsmooth wrote:Just a quick note about my one and only PC experience - I went in there just before Christmas looking for some developing stuff. The girl I spoke to, despite talking about her "degree" or whatever (I should have asked if it was a degree in "Not knowing what I am talking about"), had no idea about film development. Granted, I didn't have much of an idea so was relying on her, but, suffice it to say I walked out of there without all the gear I needed because, despite repeated questions, she didn't know that I needed fixer (unless, of course, it is common practice not to use fixer when developing film). If she didn't know, she should have said so.

It was funny that at least one member of staff (Andrew?) recognised Alicia from when she used to work there something like 15 years ago. :D

I'm not a girl! :cry: :lol:
Blog: http://grevgrev.blogspot.com
Deviantart: http://grebbin.deviantart.com

Nikon: D700 / D70 / AiS 28mm f2 / AiS 35mm f1.4 / AiS 50mm f1.2 / AiS 180mm f2.8 ED / AFD 85mm f1.4 / Sigma 50mm f1.4 / Sigma 24-70 f2.8 macro / Mamiya 80mm f1.9 x2 /Mamiya 120mm f4 macro
Grev

Postby dm_td5 on Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:08 pm

I bought a lens off them the other week. Great to deal with, called back when they said they would, organised postage etc. Couldn't have been happier with the service over the phone. Wish more places work like this to deal with.
D.M. - D200
12°11'34"S 136°46'24"E or there abouts
dm_td5

Return to Trader Opinions