Best pre sales service ever !! - Quality Camera Sales

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Best pre sales service ever !! - Quality Camera Sales

Postby BullcreekBob on Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:38 pm

G'day

I know that the service from Poon @ HKS is pretty extraordinary having recently acquired a Nikon 18-200mm as well as a seperate order for remotes, knick-knacks and screen protectors. However, not even that service can compare to my recent experiences with Stu @ Quality Camera Sales.

I've got a dirty sensor on the D70S that was not significantly improved by the sensor cleaning done at a camera store near Perth. I've seen the chat on here about Copper Hill sensor swipe kits but I am weary of someone as clumsy as me attacking a sensor with a plastic stick. Sure, I watched the videos on youtube showing how easy it is, but I'm not the sort of person that learns from video. None of my friends could demonstrate the technique to me.

I rang Quality Camera to see if I could drop down to Mandurah and have a demonstration. It turned out that Stu was visiting Perth a couple of days ago and he dropped by my house and demonstrated various cleaning options including static brushes, lens pens, magnifying lights and the Copper hill sensor swipe. After a demonstration, I agreed to buy the Copper hill kit and a light. It turned out that Stu didn't have a full pack of the pads (tissues) with him, so rather than post me some which I wouldn't get here till after Christmas (crap Aust Post) he is about to personally deliver some.

I'm impressed.

Bob in Bull Creek
BullcreekBob

Postby Mr Darcy on Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:21 pm

I sceond that.
Being a Nikon fan, I don't buy much from him (my one complaint!!! - no Nikon gear), but when I have, his service has been exemplary. I had an issue one time - I emailed & he rang me back and sorted the issue (was courier company prblem) within 10 minutes of my sending the email.
Greg
It's easy to be good... when there is nothing else to do
Mr Darcy

Postby sirhc55 on Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:30 pm

I’ll third that - Stu is one Australian you can trust completely :)
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby Glen on Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:51 pm

sirhc55 wrote:I’ll third that - Stu is one Australian you can trust completely :)

Which are the ones we can't? :lol:
Glen

Postby Killakoala on Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:13 pm

Glen wrote:
sirhc55 wrote:I’ll third that - Stu is one Australian you can trust completely :)

Which are the ones we can't? :lol:

Would you like a list? Here's one for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Au ... oliticians

It is good that someone can provide service that should be the norm. Perhaps I should change to Canon and move back to Perth.
Steve.
|D700| D2H | F5 | 70-200VR | 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-70 | 10.5 | 12-24 | SB800 |
Website-> http://www.stevekilburn.com
Leeds United for promotion in 2014 - Hurrah!!!
Killakoala

Postby phillipb on Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:56 pm

Mr Darcy wrote:I sceond that.
Being a Nikon fan, I don't buy much from him (my one complaint!!! - no Nikon gear), but when I have, his service has been exemplary. I had an issue one time - I emailed & he rang me back and sorted the issue (was courier company prblem) within 10 minutes of my sending the email.

I had a similar experience, I bought a lowepro bag from him, I couldn't find the weather proof cover, emailed him asking him if he knew where I could find it. He could have easily emailed back with the answer to such a trivial request, but a few minutes later he phoned me and talked me through it. I was very impressed.

**Nikon D7000**
phillipb

Re: Best pre sales service ever !! - Quality Camera Sales

Postby moz on Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:13 pm

BullcreekBob wrote:However, not even that service can compare to my recent experiences with Stu @ Quality Camera Sales.

That sounds pretty typical :)

I bought a 24-70 off him after getting jerked around by a B&M shop in Sydney (won't mention names but it's got an @ in the name) who knew I needed it within 3 weeks but kept stringing me along until a week before the deadline when I lost patience and got my money back (which involved a few minutes of standing by the front counter loudly asking why they wouldn't hand over the lens or refund my deposit... apparently the deposit is not supposed to be refunded regardless of what the receipt says). After that i was ready to explode.

So I emailed Stu and asked if perhaps he had one in stock. Same deal, he emailed back and said "no, but I can lend you my one, what's your phone number". A short phone call, credit card details and an overnight package from Perth made me quite happy. A week later I got my new lens and a pre-paid bag to return his one in.

I wuz frilled!
http://www.moz.net.nz
have bicycle, will go to Critical Mass
moz

Postby Big V on Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:44 pm

I endorse everything that has been said, all of my purchases have been next day delivery or at worst 2 days..he is always available for a chat when I have had a question that needed asking.
Canon
Big V

Postby Andyt on Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:28 am

Two weeks ago I was in Perth for a few days, and needed a few photog bits and pieces inc' a slingshot, but was not sure about size etc.

I arranged a "flying" visit to call in and see him, as I am a non Canon shooter, I did not spend any time "lusting" so was a quick visit (although $'s lighter! :D )

I have been ordering non Nikon related stuff from Stu for over two years now, If I can think of a good reason to switch to Canon it would be to enjoy the outstanding service and extremely helpfull advice that Stu has consistantly shown. :P
Andyt

Postby ATJ on Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:18 am

I have only ordered once from Stu and while this is not a complaint as such, I want to balance the experience.

I ordered a Monopod and head off his website on Monday night. I paid for the purchase and received a confirmation of my order.
In early afternoon on Tuesday I received an email to say my order had been shipped.
In early evening on Tuesday I received an email with tracking information.
In late afternoon on Wednesday the parcel arrived.

At this point I thought "What fantastic service", until I opened the parcel to find out that I had only received the monopod and there was no head.

In early afternoon on Wednesday I sent Stu a polite email asking about the head. I received an almost instant reply telling me the head was out of stock but was on its way to me now.
In late afternoon on Thursday the head had not arrived so I sent another (polite) email to Stu asking when I should expect it. An almost immediate response from Stu indicated that I should receive it on Friday.
In late afternoon on Friday the head arrived.

Now, as I said I'm not complaining, however, I think the communications could have been better. I can also understand that things might be out of stock. When I was told the goods were shipped, why wasn't I told that only the monopod was shipped and given an ETA on the head? When I inquired about the head, why wasn't I given an ETA or at least tracking information?

This won't stop me from ordering from Stu again, but I cannot say the service is perfect.
ATJ

Postby devilla101 on Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:28 am

Excellent service experienced here as well.

Ordered a Vertex 300 and received it the next day.

Email communication was excellent as well
devilla101

Postby team piggy on Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:46 pm

Ditto.

Ordered a Manfrotto Suction mount from him, best price in Aust.
He was on the phone a few seconds later as I was having issues with the online payment setup. He talked me thru it and item arrived a day later.

Big thumbs up.. (now if only he had Nikon!)

:D
team piggy

Return to Trader Opinions