re: cheapest Nikon AF 50mm f1.4D

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

re: cheapest Nikon AF 50mm f1.4D

Postby pethuel on Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:49 pm

Hey all,
i'm wondering where could i get the cheapest 50mm f1.4 for nikon???

i've considered camerasdirect.com.au , d-dphotographic.com.au and ebay

The shops provide 1 year shop warranty.. but the ebay store (i'm not sure)
they varies in a slight difference in prices... but the cheapest i see is from the ebay store (T-Dimensions2...?)

Would it be safe for purchasing from the ebay store or is it more worth it to purchase from the shops in brisbane? or is there anyone who can recommend me a better place to purchase this lens...

Thanks!
pethuel

Re: re: cheapest Nikon AF 50mm f1.4D

Postby the foto fanatic on Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:04 pm

If you want an Nikon Australian warranty, PhotoContinental in Brisbane is as good as you can do.

If you are happy with grey market, and therefore no warranty, then I think you need to consider the merchant's reputation in addition to price.

In that regard, d-d photographics have been used satisfactorily by many members here.

I can't comment on T-Dimensions, and I haven't even seen their name before.

With the A$ reasonably strong at the moment, you might also check out B&H Photographics and Amazon. Both ship reliably and effortlessly to Australia.
TFF (Trevor)
My History Blog: Your Brisbane: Past & Present
My Photo Blog: The Foto Fanatic
Nikon stuff!
the foto fanatic

Postby mansunzz on Wed May 07, 2008 11:20 pm

hi mate, done my research. cheapest 50mm F1.4D is quikshop.com.au. bought p n s from them before, pretty happy. Things arrived in a week time. not so lucky my friend who has a less pleasant experience but the items eventually arrived in 2 weeks time.
mansunzz

Postby gstark on Thu May 08, 2008 2:24 am

Please see the other threads heere on Quickshop. I would rather spend my money with somebody who is upfront about who and where they are, rather than with somebody who fails to disclose their location, and then seems to send in a fanboy to make a nonsensical pos about how good they are.

Caveat emptor: the cheapest looking place may end up costing you a whole lot more than you bargained for. You're own personal knowledgebase suggests a 50% satisfaction rating. I personally wouldn't be inclined to call that anywhere near good.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Return to Trader Opinions