Adobe Service - non existant.

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Adobe Service - non existant.

Postby Oneputt on Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:08 am

Since I received my iMac nearly two weeks ago I have been trying (at this stage without success) to obtain a transfer of my PS licence to the new platform.

I have tried their online support service - absolute crap sometimes they do not even bother to reply.

Email - ditto

Telephone - only to be advised that I had to send a heap of paperwork to them including a letter saying why I wanted the transfer - hello I have bought an iMac, a declaration that I would destroy the existing software, and a copy of the original invoice. Fax would seem the best way to do this so I get the paperwork together only to find that they have not given me the Australian Fax number.

Back on the phone, get the number, get the paperwork together but hey the fax is constantly, and I mean constantly engaged, and some american voice keeps telling me to try again later.

Now patience has never been one of my virtues and at the moment there is steam coming out from under my collar. All up including the original purchase of Photoshop, and the upgrades to CS2 and CS3 I have spent around $1800!!!!!! Yet this mob of XXXXholes have still not helped me out.

Is it any wonder people resort to pirating software.!!
"The good thing about meditation is that it makes doing nothing respectable"

D3 - http://www.oneputtphotographics.com
Oneputt

Re: Adobe Service - non existant.

Postby Glen on Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:57 am

John, that is disgusting service on an almost $2k purchase. You have my sympathies. Maybe you should approach Consumer Affairs, you bought a software package which you believed wasn't platform dependant, now they are refusing to allow you to use it and by the sounds of it purposely providing limited service.
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Postby Oneputt on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:10 am

Glen it now turns out that both the Australian and OS fax numbers are routed to the same line, however that has been out of action since some time yesterday, a fact they conveniently forgot to tell me. If I could remember my password I would give them a serve on dpreview as well.

Oneputt

Postby sirhc55 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:16 am

And they wonder why people use P2P :mrgreen:
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby Oneputt on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:55 am

It gets worse, something I thought would be impossible. Their customer support portal for which I have an ID and password, and through which I lodged my original request, now just sends me on an endless loop. Has anyone got a gun? :(

Oneputt

Postby Glen on Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:51 pm

Mate this is when my arse theory is invaluable. They are just up the road from the city, why not, after finding the appropriate person to send it to, come down for the Anniversary Weekend then jam the now useless software up someone arse on Friday afternoon?

Contact details which you probably already have are: I would try a phone call and ask for the local fax number

Adobe Systems
o ChatswoodHead Office Lvl 4/ 67 Albert Ave 2067
o (02) 9778 4100
o (02) 9778 4190
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Postby CraigVTR on Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:02 pm

Is there some way to make windows stuff run on a mac? Or is that Linux? Even if you could I suppose it defeats the purpose of going to a mac.
Craig
Lifes journey is not to arrive at our grave in a well preserved body but, rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Wow what a ride."
D70s, D300, 70-300ED, 18-70 Kit Lens, Nikkor 105 Micro. Manfrotto 190Prob Ball head. SB800 x 2.
CraigVTR

Postby Oneputt on Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:10 pm

Thanks for that Glen. The phone number was just routed through the Adobe stem but the fax actually worked. Now we will see if anything actually happens. :wink:

Oneputt

Postby Glen on Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:33 pm

Name ADOBE SYSTEMS PTY LTD
ACN
054 247 835
ABN
72 054 247 835
Type Australian Proprietary Company, Limited By Shares
Registration Date 17/12/1991
Next Review Date 17/12/2008
Status Registered
Locality of Registered Office Chatswood NSW 2067
Jurisdiction Australian Securities & Investments Commission

Above is company details John, if you get no joy I would spend $15 and get the directors names and addresses (they had a change 30/05/07) and send your complaint direct to the homes of the directors. I have found in the past that once you personalise the faults of a company and show people they have to accept responsibility for their and their companies actions, they usually come good. You are already almost $2k in the hole, probably worth spending $20 or $30 to chase.
Thank You
Glen

Postby who on Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:21 am

Ooh you are Nasty Glen.... and I like that way of thinking :wink: Easy to do as well when you know how 8)
Old D200+extras
who

Postby MATT on Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:54 pm

CraigVTR wrote:Is there some way to make windows stuff run on a mac? Or is that Linux? Even if you could I suppose it defeats the purpose of going to a mac.

You can make the mac run XP ver easily, but as you said it sort of defeats the purpose of the buying a MAC if you run XP....

MATT
MATT

Postby Oneputt on Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:36 pm

OK an update - I now have a new license key and a link to an installer which expires 23 June. But guess what, my brand new $3000 iMac is at the service shop in Brisbane because the wireless card was faulty. I am hoping I get it back in time to do the install. :(

Oneputt

Return to Trader Opinions