Centre.net.au

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Centre.net.au

Postby sirhc55 on Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:20 am

Hi all

I have used Centre.net.au based out of Melbourne to purchase a Sigma 55-200mm DC and their operation was smooth and efficient - have just ordered the Manfrotto macro flash unit - will let you all know how it goes.
sirhc55
Key Member

Re: Centre.net.au

Postby gstark on Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:23 am

sirhc55 wrote:have just ordered the Manfrotto macro flash unit - will let you all know how it goes.

Manfotto catalog number?
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby sirhc55 on Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:29 am

gstark wrote:
sirhc55 wrote:have just ordered the Manfrotto macro flash unit - will let you all know how it goes.

Manfotto catalog number?

Whoops - Manfrotto 330 Macro Flash Bracket

Chris
sirhc55
Key Member

my first digital purchase was at centre.net.au

Postby jdear on Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:45 am

I bought the konica minolta Dimage a2 digicam from centre.net.au. At the time it was the cheapest retailer in Australia (without jumping onto ebay)
I found their service excellent, product arrived quickly, and I was at peace at buying a genuine product, despite it was a few hundred cheaper than other places.

I also ended up buying a Sandisk extreme 512mb CF card and bp-400 battery pack for the a2 from bhphotovideo.com They were excellent. I was able to piggy back the bp-400 on the cf card order, even though it had already been placed, so I wasnt stung for double postage costs.

incidently im wanting to sell the a2 so i can buy a d70. I want one NOW!!

Total receipts for the a2, cf and battery pack was around $2k. that was about 6 months ago. I wish i had done my research more. According to kenrockwell.com the d70 is the best DSLR under $3k (USD)! He has a fantastic write up on it over at his website.

Ill check back here regularly, in the hope to get a good deal on the d70. keep me posted!

JD
jdear

Centre.net.au

Postby sirhc55 on Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:53 am

I actually found centre.net.au a rather strange site in that they do some weird products but have a fantastic range of camera gear, especially Manfrotto. I checked prices on Manfrotto through Madsens and Kayell and centre.net.au had better deals.

Which reminds me - be very carefull of sites such as dirtcheapcameras.com.au - if only they were dirt cheap!!
sirhc55
Key Member

Re: my first digital purchase was at centre.net.au

Postby gstark on Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:09 pm

Welcome.

jdear wrote:incidently im wanting to sell the a2 so i can buy a d70. I want one NOW!!

Total receipts for the a2, cf and battery pack was around $2k. that was about 6 months ago. I wish i had done my research more. According to kenrockwell.com the d70 is the best DSLR under $3k (USD)! He has a fantastic write up on it over at his website.

Ill check back here regularly, in the hope to get a good deal on the d70. keep me posted!

JD

Have you seen this thread ? http://forum.d70users.com/viewtopic.php?t=537

There's no substitute for doing your research though. For me, the D70 is digicam #5, but at least that's over a period of a few years. The bottom line is to not expect to sell your digital gear once you buy it. At least, don't expect a decent return - the depreciation is horrendous due to the continuing state of advancements in the tecgnology utilised.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby birddog114 on Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:09 pm

sirhc55 wrote:Which reminds me - be very carefull of sites such as dirtcheapcameras.com.au - if only they were dirt cheap!!

They should change their name to cutthroatcameras.com.au and remember their razor is very sharp, they replace it every second!
:lol:
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby sirhc55 on Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:09 pm

Centre.net phoned me today to say that the MF330 was not in stock. I cancelled the order and phoned Madsens in Wollongong, no luck their either. Phoned the ACT distributor and they were very helpful (no stock) but they did phone back to say they would not be available until next Feb but Borge Anderson had 2 coming in.

I have to say that all 3 dealer were very helpful but no product.

After the last call I purchased one from Henrys in Canada for $39 less than here (including express postage) - I will have to wait but that is better than February.

Cheers

Chris
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby Killakoala on Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:14 pm

An old thread i know, but i wanted to praise Centre.net.au for their very prompt delivery of (many) Epson R1800 ink cartridges, an Epson A3+ roll paper and Ilford A3+ paper, although i had to wait for the paper over Christmas from their supplier. Once the paper arrived at centre.net.au, it was couriered overnight from Melbourne to Nowra and i got it the next morning.

Great work to the guys at centre.net.au and also to Aust Air Express for the fast delivery.
Steve.
|D700| D2H | F5 | 70-200VR | 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-70 | 10.5 | 12-24 | SB800 |
Website-> http://www.stevekilburn.com
Leeds United for promotion in 2014 - Hurrah!!!
Killakoala

Postby Vodka on Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:41 am

Another plug for centre.net.au. Just bought a 2Gb Sandisk Extreme III SD card from them, as well as a Slik Pro 340DX tripod. Bloody good price on the SD, especially when it didn't add to the shipping costs when included with the much heavier tripod. Done all the checks - yup, it's a real Sandisk.

Package was sent from their warehouse in Melbourne last night, had it in my hands in Sydney this morning (via Australian Air Express).

Word of advice though - call to check if they have stock on hand first as their website doesn't show this. I only found out I had to wait 1.5 weeks for the tripod after placing my order.

Ben
Vodka

Postby aloysius on Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:56 am

Got my slik tripod from Center.net and couldnt be happier. Cheaper (by heaps) than anywehere else and great follow up on net order. They called me on phone tuesday after i ordered on net monday. Told me they were out of stock...would have more within 2 days...recieved tripod on the friday.
aloysius

Postby Gordon on Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:46 pm

Vodka wrote:...
Word of advice though - call to check if they have stock on hand first as their website doesn't show this. I only found out I had to wait 1.5 weeks for the tripod after placing my order.

Ben

I've been waiting over a month for a 12GB Sandisk Extreme III CF card... at least they haven't charged my credit card for it yet.

G
D70, D200, CP5700
Gordon

Postby philcoop on Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:58 pm

just wondering if anyone has used centre.net.au site to buy anything recently, and what are your thoughts on them, any probs, are they recommended to buy from. opinions would be helpful, thankyou
philcoop

Postby Reschsmooth on Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:14 pm

I just quickly compared centre.net.au's price on a Manfrotto 234RC mono-head and Borges are actually very marginally cheaper (which surprises me). Pays to shop around!
Regards, Patrick

Two or three lights, any lens on a light-tight box are sufficient for the realisation of the most convincing image. Man Ray 1935.
Our mug is smug
Reschsmooth

Postby Kyle on Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:44 pm

I bought a 4gb ex3 card from them last week, very efficient service! Had it within 4 days...
Kyle

Postby Gordon on Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:17 pm

I'm still waiting for the 12GB CF card ordered in March from centre.net.au!
Actually thats not quite true, I told them to forget about it about 6 weeks ago, but every now and then they tell me the cards will be in stock soon. The most recent said late June.

Gordon
D70, D200, CP5700
Gordon

Postby Yi-P on Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:19 pm

Bought my 4GB CF card from them, it knocked on my door in 3 days...
Yi-P

Postby jamesw on Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:55 pm

i bought a 4gb cf card too, june 26, got it today. 2 days.
body: nikon d200, d70s, f4s, f601.
lens:nikon 35-70mm f2.8, 70-300mm f4-5.6, 10.5mm f2.8, 20mm f2.8, 28mm f2.8, 50mm f1.8.
flash: nikon sb600, sunpak 383 (x1), sunpak 555 (x4), pocketwizard plus II (x4)
jamesdwade.com
dishonourclothing.com
jamesw

Postby NeoN on Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:33 pm

Excellent and prompt Service, I bought two filters from them,and i had them in 20 minutes !!!! i drove to their warehouse. :D
NeoN
NeoN

Postby Killakoala on Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:56 pm

philcoop wrote:just wondering if anyone has used centre.net.au site to buy anything recently, and what are your thoughts on them, any probs, are they recommended to buy from. opinions would be helpful, thankyou

I bought an 8Gb CF card from them two weeks ago without any problems. Got it in a very short time. I ordered a battery too but they sent the wrong one. Still waiting to get the one I ordered.
Steve.
|D700| D2H | F5 | 70-200VR | 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-70 | 10.5 | 12-24 | SB800 |
Website-> http://www.stevekilburn.com
Leeds United for promotion in 2014 - Hurrah!!!
Killakoala

Postby Glen on Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:17 pm

Steve, I would chase them up on your battery, they ceased trading 6 days after your post!

from Centre.net.au:

Due to personal circumstances Centre.net.au will temporarily cease trading. For those customers who have paid by BPay or Direct Deposit, I am sending out cheques for the refunds, I expect this process to be finished by the 4th of February 2008. I still have a large amount of stock that I need to clear, however, I might use ebay to do this as it more manageable for me and I don’t have to rely on our systems that are currently still a little flaky which is why I am still unable to answer emails. Because of the current situation and my inability to continue at this time I have decided to off load “Centre.net.au” and put it up for sale. This will include the database, the supply chain, stock if required and the system that the business runs on and of course the goodwill that has been built up over the past 11 years. Please contact me using the “contact us” link below, hopefully I will have the mail server sorted out by this weekend.
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Return to Trader Opinions