d70 lens advice

Newer members often state that they think their question is too basic, or stupid, or whatever, to be posted. Nothing could be further further from the truth in any section at DSLRUsers.com, but especially here. Don't feel intimidated. The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked. We were all beginners at one stage, and even the most experienced amongst us will admit to learning new stuff on a daily basis. Ask away! Please also refer to the forum rules and the portal page

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Postby fozzie on Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:56 am

Chris,

sirhc55 wrote:Mr Rotty - I have just received the underdog Sigma 70-200 put it on the camera and the first shot was a bottler.

Check out KerryPierce threads on this forum for some stunning photos taken with the Sigma 70-200 - always remember that you can put the very best (and expensive) lens into anyones hands but not everyone can make it sing 8)

Congratulation on your new purchase.

What it is like with the Sigma 2x TC on :?: .

I can see you now, out on the balcony, D70 + Sigma 70-200 and TC plus a bottle of Penfolds BIN28 Kalimna Shiraz and enjoying the moment.

Cheers,
fozzie

When people ask what equipment I use - I tell them my eyes.
fozzie
Key Member

Postby Mr Rotty on Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:10 pm

Hi guys,

Just surfed a little after i read some of your replies. Some of you may have seen this allready or then again maybe not. Was interesting reading for me so I thought I'd share it with you.

http://www.nex.net.au/users/lanet/Lenscomp/
Mr Rotty

Postby kipper on Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:12 pm

Before jumping the gun, perhaps you should wait until there is a Melbourne meet. Think a few of us have some of the lenses you're considering getting. Does anybody in Melbourne have the Sigma?
Darryl (aka Kipper)
Nikon D200
kipper

Postby birddog114 on Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:14 pm

Mr Rotty wrote:Hi guys,

Just surfed a little after i read some of your replies. Some of you may have seen this allready or then again maybe not. Was interesting reading for me so I thought I'd share it with you.

http://www.nex.net.au/users/lanet/Lenscomp/

He's comparing an orange with an apple :wink:
He should compare the Nikkor 70-200VR and Sigma 70-200HSM.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby kipper on Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:27 pm

Thats what I was thinking Birdy :)
Darryl (aka Kipper)
Nikon D200
kipper

Postby Mr Rotty on Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:17 pm

There ya go! That's why it's good to have your brains to pick
Mr Rotty

Previous