Project Sythesis, statement!

Newer members often state that they think their question is too basic, or stupid, or whatever, to be posted. Nothing could be further further from the truth in any section at DSLRUsers.com, but especially here. Don't feel intimidated. The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked. We were all beginners at one stage, and even the most experienced amongst us will admit to learning new stuff on a daily basis. Ask away! Please also refer to the forum rules and the portal page

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Project Sythesis, statement!

Postby jaff on Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:22 am

(Project synthesis) statement!
I wanted to post in that section(announcements) but was unable too, a newbie thing probably!, but I'll go the backdoor!
Virtually all the posts in the synthesis (announcement)post were from established photographers, fair enough.....but I would like to give you a perspective from a newbie to the world of DSLR, ..........FREAKING WOW!. So many questions and no camera manual will suffice for all the, your kidding questions!
But your website gives soooooo many answers and pointers, to questions that I hadn't even thought of yet, from photographers whoose work is displayed and critiqued, by comrades/peers not by way of lecture, but by way of distanced perspective....a learning/growing process for all of us, as we evolve our trade/all consuming hobby/interests.
So from a newbies distanced perspective, the site is both informative and inspiring :cheers: , definately something I am delighted to have stumbled across!

Whilst my perspective is just that ,newbie(wheels not broken), I appreciate your (Project Synthesis) endevour to keep the site fresh and relevant to the dedicated users/trade!

Cheers Rob
jaff

Re: Project Sythesis, statement!

Postby phillipb on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:35 am

jaff wrote:(Project synthesis) statement!
I wanted to post in that section(announcements) but was unable too, a newbie thing probably!, but I'll go the backdoor!

Which leads me to the question, what's so special about the announcements section that a newby shouldn't be able to contribute? With the exception of the bargains section, I think the rest of the site should be open to all.

**Nikon D7000**
phillipb

Postby jaff on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:14 pm

phillipb wrote:
jaff wrote:(Project synthesis) statement!

Which leads me to the question, what's so special about the announcements section that a newby shouldn't be able to contribute? With the exception of the bargains section, I think the rest of the site should be open to all.

My original post wasn't having a whinge about being restricted from posting in certain area's, but by way of apologising for starting a parrallel thread, whilst trying to add to the discussion from a different perspective!

Cheers Rob
jaff

Postby Nnnnsic on Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:30 pm

It's probably an accidental overlook from the permissions. I'll check it tonight.
Producer & Editor @ GadgetGuy.com.au
Contributor for fine magazines such as PC Authority and Popular Science.
Nnnnsic
I'm a jazz singer... so I know what I'm doing

Postby gstark on Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:39 pm

jaff wrote:My original post wasn't having a whinge about being restricted from posting in certain area's, but by way of apologising for starting a parrallel thread, whilst trying to add to the discussion from a different perspective!

Which is exactly how we've taken your post, Rob. Thanx.

But Philip raises a good point nonetheless.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby jaff on Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:36 pm

gstark wrote:
jaff wrote:My original post wasn't having a whinge about being restricted from posting in certain area's, but by way of apologising for starting a parrallel thread, whilst trying to add to the discussion from a different perspective!

PHEWW .......so no trip to the principals office then! :D
jaff

Postby gstark on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:05 pm

jaff wrote:
gstark wrote:

PHEWW .......so no trip to the principals office then! :D

That depends. What delicacies are on offer? How much for the women? :rotfl2:
g.
Gary Stark
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby jaff on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:07 am

Gary, that'll be ............................. 4 fried chickens and a coke! :lol:
jaff

Postby gstark on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:46 am

jaff wrote:Gary, that'll be ............................. 4 fried chickens and a coke! :lol:

I don't get no respect around here.

:chook: :chook: :chook: :chook: :cheers:
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Killakoala on Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:45 pm

gstark wrote:
jaff wrote:Gary, that'll be ............................. 4 fried chickens and a coke! :lol:

I don't get no respect around here.

:chook: :chook: :chook: :chook: :cheers:

The grammar police are watching Gary. :nono:
Steve.
|D700| D2H | F5 | 70-200VR | 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-70 | 10.5 | 12-24 | SB800 |
Website-> http://www.stevekilburn.com
Leeds United for promotion in 2014 - Hurrah!!!
Killakoala

Postby sirhc55 on Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:42 pm

Your are right Steve, there should be a comma after the last chicken :rotfl2:
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Return to Absolute Beginners Questions