Picture project

Newer members often state that they think their question is too basic, or stupid, or whatever, to be posted. Nothing could be further further from the truth in any section at DSLRUsers.com, but especially here. Don't feel intimidated. The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked. We were all beginners at one stage, and even the most experienced amongst us will admit to learning new stuff on a daily basis. Ask away! Please also refer to the forum rules and the portal page

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Picture project

Postby Mr Rotty on Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:04 am

What are thoughts from the list about this software that was bundled with the camera?
Mr Rotty

Postby sirhc55 on Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:10 am

I actually use it just to off load the files from the CF. Then I normally open the files in PSCS and sometimes NC.
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby Glen on Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:35 am

Nikon View is probably more favoured than Picture Project. Capture is quite useful and Nikon Editor is a handy lightweight program. All programs available from http://www.nikon-asia.com/
Glen

Postby sheepie on Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:40 am

Prefer Nikon View for downloading, then generally use PS CS to edit. Am trying to get myself disciplined enough to make good use of IMatch for catelogueing (sp?)
*** When getting there is half the fun! ***
sheepie
Key Member

Location: Picnic Point, Sydney Australia *** Nikon D200/D70 ***

Postby birddog114 on Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:51 am

Nothing bundled in the box will work for you as you wish.
Picture Project is a kind of "dump fuel".
Nikon Capture is a bugger with 30 days trial.

What else?

Alternative, you can download Nikon View 6.21 from all Nikon sites same as Nikon Capture 4.21 (required activation key for NC).

You paid and bought the camera (hardware) not software.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby Mr Rotty on Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:49 am

Birddog114 wrote:
You paid and bought the camera (hardware) not software.

Yes I expected as much. Thanks guys, I will have a look at some of the other software.
Mr Rotty

Postby coolbeer6 on Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:57 pm

Mr Rotty, I have had some problems finding a good program too, picture project was crap and when i recently upgraded my computer i didnt even install it .. my dad dose too many silly thing with pics like adding people and objects which has given me a dislike to pics that have been heavly modified ..
I have just installed nikon veiw and it is the first one im happy with , all pics stay and get saved under my docs - my pictures ,so there easly accsesable ( as im no computer wiz ) to crop down size and try the colour fix is simple and straight forward,, I will also be able to give details like focal lengh, and the other camera settings is i fiddle with them so often, and take shots in raw .....
coolbeer6

Return to Absolute Beginners Questions