Nikon picture project.

Newer members often state that they think their question is too basic, or stupid, or whatever, to be posted. Nothing could be further further from the truth in any section at DSLRUsers.com, but especially here. Don't feel intimidated. The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked. We were all beginners at one stage, and even the most experienced amongst us will admit to learning new stuff on a daily basis. Ask away! Please also refer to the forum rules and the portal page

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Nikon picture project.

Postby widdleyummycookie on Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:38 pm

whenever i upload my photos onto my computer i have to adjust the brightness in like 98% of my photos. they all seem to be dull, like they r faded or somthing, and i have to press auto adjust brightness on most of em. i upload em in picture project coz it's quicker to go though each one and change them. they always look great on the camera, nice strong colours but when on my computer they r, well just not right. am i doing something wrong or do other people have this problem.
widdleyummycookie

Postby birddog114 on Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:39 pm

Why not download the Nikon View and use it, it's far better than PJ.
Or use NC, and they're both with more nice features to use.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby Alex on Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:59 pm

LCD is decieving most of the time as it's bright. You might want to try custom curves. Also try these settings. Hue adjustment: -3, Colour mode: sRGB IIIa, Saturation: Enhanced.

Alex
Alex

Postby Oneputt on Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:08 pm

The LCD is most definately deceiving and I never trust it.
Oneputt

Postby Glen on Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:24 pm

WYC, Birddog is spot on, use Nikon View, download it for free from here http://www.nikon-asia.com/
Glen

Return to Absolute Beginners Questions