AW Coming Up

News items for the DSLR Users website. Also covers upcoming but important events. Locked at present time, although recognised members may post messages in response to news items posted.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

AW Coming Up

Postby gstark on Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:36 am

Challenge 16 FINISHED!
Voting is now closed! Well done to all that participated and thanks to all those that voted! The winner will be announced at the dinner at the AW.

The winner gets one of the brand new lighting kits from Poon, and I will have them at the portraiture workshop and the AW dinner.

Names are now up at the site, http://www.potofgrass.com/gallery/c16 and comments are back on (for those logged in) so feel free to comment and chat on images...

AW Activities

Most of these are pretty well fully subscribed. We still have room for about three people to come to the dinner on Saturday night, and due to some people rearranging their schedules, I can probably take one more person in the portraiture workshop on Saturday.

Queensland AW Minimeet - Saturday 4 August

Here are the details for the Queensland minimeet. Any members in SE Qld or Northern NSW are welcome to attend. Please leave a post in the other thread so that we know who to expect.

Date: Saturday 4th August 2007 (coincides with the Anniversary Weekend being held in Sydney)

Venue: Roma Street Parklands (see map below)

Time: Meeting at 12:30 pm at the boardwalk, entrance from Wickham Terrace:

Manta wrote:I'm going out on a limb and say we look at 12.30pm start and we can hang around into the evening for sunset and night shots. If anyone wants to get there earlier they can utilised the bbqs and picnic areas for lunch (you'd have to get their pretty early though to secure one). I vote for meeting at the roadside entrance to the main walkway (the one that has the fountain flowing down the side of it. The entry is directly across the road from the residential developments.

Map:

Refer to this thread for further detail.
Last edited by gstark on Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Bluebell on Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:38 pm

May be a silly question, but how do I vote for my favorite image in the Song Title Challenge? :?
Bluebell

Postby Matt. K on Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:41 pm

Bluebell
Not a silly question at all. I have constant problems getting into the site because my brain is a password sieve. :?
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby sirhc55 on Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:47 pm

Bluebell wrote:May be a silly question, but how do I vote for my favorite image in the Song Title Challenge? :?

You have to login Bluebell, which means you have to sign up :wink: The site is different to this one.
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby Bluebell on Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:52 pm

Thanks for that :oops:
Bluebell

Postby radar on Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:56 pm

Bluebell,

send a PM to MHD, also known as Scott. He looks after the challenge site. He will then organise a login and password for you. You can then use this to vote and at the next challenge, you would use the same username/password to submit your challenge photo :wink:

Cheers,

André
Photography, as a powerful medium of expression and communications, offers an infinite variety of perception, interpretation and execution. Ansel Adams

(misc Nikon stuff)
radar

Postby Bluebell on Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:07 pm

Done :D Thank you!
Bluebell

Postby Onyx on Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:25 pm

Very very last minute... Just sent off my form for the dinner.

Could you North Shoreans plz inform me what the parking situation is like at/near the restaurant?
Onyx

Postby gstark on Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:49 am

Onyx wrote:Very very last minute... Just sent off my form for the dinner.

Could you North Shoreans plz inform me what the parking situation is like at/near the restaurant?

Normal Neutral Bay mayhem.
g.
Gary Stark
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Oz_Beachside on Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:07 pm

Wishing everyone a fun weekend, I was hoping to make it, but other client commitments on.

Lets see heaps of pics, candids, group shots, (no nudes please).

Pass on my best wishes to all in attendance!
Oz_Beachside

Postby gstark on Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:08 pm

Thank you, Poon, for your continued support and generousity.

I now have a big box of stuff in the book of the SLK. Barely fits, and I certainly won't be able to drive home with the top down today. :)

I've just had a quick look ... the light stands are in sealed boxes, so I can't examine them till I get home, but I have batteries, diffuser socks, camera remotes, including some brand new wireless remotes, at least two each of, for Canon and Nikon.

I need to look inside a couple of these boxes later to see what fits what; the remotes are marked N1, N2, C1, and C3 (I think)

So, for those who are coming on Saturday night, there promises to be more than just a good time.

I'll do a body count tonight, and hopefully I'll be able to spread some of the generousity beyond those coming to the dinner, and hopefully into some of who are not Sydney based.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Alpha_7 on Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:13 pm

Thanks Poon!!! Your generousity never ceases to amaze, you're better then Santa in my book!
Alpha_7

Postby Wocka on Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:34 pm

Gary,

Wasn't it about this time of year we voted on one of the POTW for the Photo Of The Year?

Or does that happen in December?

Cheers
Warwick
=======
Canon 40D : 350D
Canon 18-55mm : Canon 75-300mm IS USM : Sigma 30mm EX HSM DC 1.4 : Sigma 10-20mm
Wocka

Postby gstark on Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:57 pm

Warwick,

December.

:)
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Reschsmooth on Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:46 am

I probably have missed the thread, but any idea where the AW picnic will be held on Sunday?
Regards, Patrick

Two or three lights, any lens on a light-tight box are sufficient for the realisation of the most convincing image. Man Ray 1935.
Our mug is smug
Reschsmooth

Postby firsty on Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:14 am

Reschsmooth wrote:I probably have missed the thread, but any idea where the AW picnic will be held on Sunday?

I was just about to post the same question :)
firsty

Postby macka on Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:42 am

What time should we be arriving for dinner on Saturday?
Cheers,

macka
a.k.a. Kris
macka

Postby Glen on Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:56 pm

Kris, for dinner Saturday,

Arrive at 7pm for 7.30
Glen

Postby gstark on Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:38 pm

Brighton le Sands, just down the road from ... wherever it's down the road from.

We have a map somewhere here .....
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby jdear on Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:52 pm

the remotes are marked N1, N2, C1, and C3

any remotes marked C4? :D

J
jdear

Return to Announcements