What a gorgeous day it was

News items for the DSLR Users website. Also covers upcoming but important events. Locked at present time, although recognised members may post messages in response to news items posted.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

What a gorgeous day it was

Postby gstark on Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:15 am

Beautiful blue sky.

Warm and sunny.

I had lunch with my mum, then went and had a picnic with Lindy: fresh prawns, on the grass by the riverside. A couple of cute puppies strolled by and paid their respects, and then back to Lindy's for some BBQ seafood kebabs and skippy snags.

Top down in the Benz, a very pleasant 22, and listening to The Doors while heading down to the studio to do my Sunday night show.

I blame it on the Doors and the B3; I threw away my planned show, and replaced it with some 60's R&R instead of the normal jazz.

Summer songs!

Procol Harum, Dylan, Beatles, Four Tops ... The Stones.

He Ain't Heavy, He's my Brother by the Hollies. I was certainly enjoying myself ...

So it pisses me off when i see people here complaining and touting for comments on their images. Let's get it straight: there is no guarantee that anyone will even look at your images, let alone make a post about them.

if and when they do: great. If not, too bad. Get over it, and do not complain about it.

Not here, at any rate. It's the way of the world, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it, and complaining about it, whinging about it, and/or touting for people to post comments about your images is simply not acceptable here.

So, please, don't do it.

In future, if we see that happening, we'll consider moving the offending thread - which includes the image(s) - into our suspended threads section.

Rather than whining that nobody's posted any comments about your image, do something productive.

Do something positive.

Go out and shoot something for our current challenge, "White on White".

There's plenty of scope there, and plenty of time to submit your entry to challenges at dslrusers dot net. Details here.

Alternatively, you should book for our Sydney Christmas dinner. December 8, in the city. While it's over a month till it happens, bookings will be closed well before then,. based upon the way bookings are coming in. We're more than half subscribed already, and if you leave it for too much longer ... well, there's always next year.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Onyx on Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:36 am

Could've recommended Myspace for attention whores.
Onyx

Postby gstark on Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:43 am

I recommend Myspace to nobody. I think it has about as much cultural value as Las Vegas.

But please, let's not discuss either of those two abhorrences.

As I said at the start of my post, I've had a truly great day; let's keep that as a focus. :)
g.
Gary Stark
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Pa on Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:27 am

what is the maximum size for the entrants gary....thanks.
cheers pa

http://pa.smugmug.com

Work it's part of your life.....So make it an enjoyable part of it.
Pa

Postby gstark on Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:40 am

Still lookin at that, Alan. Will have an answer soon.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby who on Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:46 pm

:lol: Nothing like a vent hey? :wink:

And generally - I look at most image sets, but Iif I can't add anything, I don't bulk up my post count. What is the point of adding "Yeah, nice, eh"?

I suppose it indicates I looked at it, but so does the # views counter.....

And - I have to ask - what is that critter in your avatar? :shock:
Old D200+extras
who

Postby Mal on Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:50 pm

"Yeah, nice, comment eh"?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
that's one more on the way to 1000
Mal
I've got a camera, it's black. I've got some lens, they are black as well.
Mal

Postby gstark on Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:55 pm

who wrote:And - I have to ask - what is that critter in your avatar? :shock:

Self portrait. :) Happy Tree Friends

Mal wrote:that's one more on the way to 1000

Who boy. Are you ever in for a big surprise. :)

[/quote]
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Return to Announcements