Maybe I'm getting old

News items for the DSLR Users website. Also covers upcoming but important events. Locked at present time, although recognised members may post messages in response to news items posted.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Postby phillipb on Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:07 am

YOU MONGREL ! :D btw is my order from Poon here yet? :wink:

**Nikon D7000**
phillipb

Postby Reschsmooth on Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:09 am

phillipb wrote:YOU MONGREL ! :D btw is my order from Poon here yet? :wink:

If you paid via credit card, you get faster shipping. :wink:
Regards, Patrick

Two or three lights, any lens on a light-tight box are sufficient for the realisation of the most convincing image. Man Ray 1935.
Our mug is smug
Reschsmooth

Postby johnd on Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:25 pm

Gary, please keep up the excellent work you are doing. Your dedication to this site has resulted in a first class and enjoyable forum to be a member of. I would hate to contemplate the number of hours you put into this forum each and every week. Most of us take for granted that we can take a break from what we do with holidays and annual leave. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I cannot remember you ever taking a week off. Your work is certainly very much appreciated.

Regards
John
D3, D300, 14-24/2.8, 24-70/2.8, 85/1.4, 80-400VR, 18-200VR, 105/2.8 VR macro, Sigma 150/2.8 macro
http://www.johndarguephotography.com/
johnd

Postby Killakoala on Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:35 pm

johnd wrote:Gary, please keep up the excellent work you are doing. Your dedication to this site has resulted in a first class and enjoyable forum to be a member of. I would hate to contemplate the number of hours you put into this forum each and every week. Most of us take for granted that we can take a break from what we do with holidays and annual leave. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I cannot remember you ever taking a week off. Your work is certainly very much appreciated.

Regards
John

Gary loves (parts of) California. :)
Steve.
|D700| D2H | F5 | 70-200VR | 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-70 | 10.5 | 12-24 | SB800 |
Website-> http://www.stevekilburn.com
Leeds United for promotion in 2014 - Hurrah!!!
Killakoala

Postby who on Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:12 pm

I'm slightly scared about what April might bring with Gary.....

And Phillip - you should have a Photoshop consulting fee, paid by credit card on the night..... you could make a killing.

And then PS a brown paper bag over their heads :lol: or suchlike :twisted:
Old D200+extras
who

Postby phillipb on Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:30 pm

who wrote:I'm slightly scared about what April might bring with Gary.....

And Phillip - you should have a Photoshop consulting fee, paid by credit card on the night..... you could make a killing.

And then PS a brown paper bag over their heads :lol: or suchlike :twisted:

Way before photoshop mate, but I'll tell you a true story.
The studio I worked for in those days mainly did Italian weddings. The person taking the videos was the boss's son, he was forced into the family business, he wanted to be a mechanic, so his heart wasn't in it.
He made a point of going around the tables with the video camera soon after the pasta was served, as far as he was concerned, the more tomato sauce on the faces the better. :lol:

**Nikon D7000**
phillipb

Previous

Return to Announcements