Two Days, man. Two days.

News items for the DSLR Users website. Also covers upcoming but important events. Locked at present time, although recognised members may post messages in response to news items posted.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Two Days, man. Two days.

Postby gstark on Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:42 pm

DSLRUsers Final 2008 Challenge
DSLRUsers last photographic challenge for 2008 has now closed.

We have 21 entries in the second part; thank you all. Judging will commence shortly, and watch this space for the details of where the images may be viewed ... towards the middle of this week, I'd expect.

Results to be announced at the Sydney Christmas BBQ, Dec 13.

There is a veritable flotilla of prizes, provided by Servaas Products, HKSupplies & Wolf Eyes Torches.

First prize will be a Maha Powerex MH-C9000 AA Battery Charger Analyser with either two packs of the Low Self Discharge Imedion AA batteries or High Capacity 2700 mah Powerex AA batteries, a perfect choice for any photographer who uses a flash. Second prize is the Maha Powerex MH-C204W Travel Charger and prize winners choice of a pack of Imedion or Powerex AA batteries. Third prize is a 2 level Wolf Eyes Defender torch and fourth prize is an Angel AA LED torch. Fifth and onwards prizes are being allocated now, based on the last challenge it looks like every entrant will win a prize!

More information on this challenge in this thread. Image

Supplementary Prize for Part 2 entrants only For those whose lives were too busy to get an entry into the first part we have a supplementary prize for entrants in part 2 only - For a change a torch, a single level sample of the Defender torch. So no reason not to enter Part 2. Good Luck.

Saturday 6 December 2008 - DSLRUsers MELBOURNE Christmas BBQ
This year's Christmas get together for Melbourne members will be a BBQ at the home of member Pucara. Thank you for your hospitality, Carlos. Details are in the thread.

Saturday 13 December 2008, 2 pm- DSLRUsers SYDNEY Christmas BBQ at Sheepie's
This year our Sydney Christmas get together (and prize giving for the above challenge - DSLRUsers Final 2008 Challenge) is at Sheepie's (Leon and Manda) and more details are available here.

Sunday 14 December 2008 - DSLRUsers ADELAIDE Christmas Picnic
This year's Christmas get together for Adelaide members will be a picnic, meeting at the rotunda near the Festiva; theatre. Full details are in the thread.

Regular 2x2 Photo Meets

The first 2009 2x2 Photo meet in Sydney will be on Saturday 7 February 2009, followed by one on Saturday 11 April 2009
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Re: Two Days, man. Two days.

Postby sirhc55 on Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:42 pm

One would assume from the heading to this thread that there will be only one entry in the 2nd part of the challenge. ‘Man’ can I be pedantic :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Re: Two Days, man. Two days.

Postby gstark on Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:14 pm

sirhc55 wrote:One would assume from the heading to this thread that there will be only one entry in the 2nd part of the challenge. ‘Man’ can I be pedantic :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's actually a misquote from Woodstock - CSN&Y's set.

As it happens, I'm transcribing some vinyl to the PC, and Deja Vu is the one I'm doing right now.

The previous album was one from the station's library - "20 Solid Hits" - complete with an ad for the "Majestic Record Selector" on the back cover. What a hoot! :)
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Return to Announcements