Buying Chemicals

Many of our members still have film cameras. And some even use them! This is for film junkies

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Buying Chemicals

Postby Nettheim on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:31 pm

Hey guys,
I'm keen to do some of my own B&W developing at home.
I've been looking around for awhile on the net for places to buy developers, fixers and stop baths but can't seem to find anywhere local (I live in Adelaide). I've had a look a B&H but the postage prices, which were around $100US, kill what whatever savings were to be had from buying overseas.

Anybody got a local haunt where they buy all their darkroom equipment in Adelaide?

Cheers
Nettheim

Re: Buying Chemicals

Postby Reschsmooth on Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:04 pm

If you mean local as in Australia, you can have a look at [url=vanbar.com.au]Vanbar[/url]. They have a good range. Photocontinental in Brisvegas also had/has stock.
Regards, Patrick

Two or three lights, any lens on a light-tight box are sufficient for the realisation of the most convincing image. Man Ray 1935.
Our mug is smug
Reschsmooth

Postby gstark on Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:50 am

Nettheim wrote: can't seem to find anywhere local (I live in Adelaide).

Have you wandered into Ted's? I would be very surprised if they didn't have what you nee.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Nettheim on Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:38 am

gstark wrote:

Have you wandered into Ted's? I would be very surprised if they didn't have what you nee.

I was under the impression they only sold digital products now. I was in there about a month ago and didn't see any film equipment although admittedly i wasn't actually looking for it then.
Nettheim

Postby gstark on Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:53 pm

Nettheim wrote:
gstark wrote:

I was under the impression they only sold digital products now. I was in there about a month ago and didn't see any film equipment although admittedly i wasn't actually looking for it then.

Probably worth a phone call. I bought an ample sufficiency of filum and chems from the Syd-a-knee store about a year ago.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Return to Film and Non-Digital Imaging