Need to borrow a wide angle lens

Items of local interest for those in the national capital.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Need to borrow a wide angle lens

Postby phoenix on Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:47 pm

Hi guys,
It's been a long time between drinks for me. Things have been mega busy. I have been asked to shoot an indoor shot of a restaurant tomorrow night, and i don't have a wide enough lens. The widest i can go is 17mm, and it's not wide enough by a fair bit. Originally this was meant for a day shot without customers, so i was planning to just stitch the shots, but that becomes a pain with people in the shot.

So basically I'm trying to see if i can borrow a wider lens for my D200??? I'm in Canberra obviously and this would help me enormously. I'm planning on buying one in the next few weeks, but haven't got around to finding the best so far. I know it's late notice, but it would be a huge help!

Thanks so much!
phoenix

Re: Need to borrow a wide angle lens

Postby Glen on Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:24 pm

I think you might be thrown by being in Canberra. you are welcome to borrow my 12-24 sigma if you had someone going Syd-Can tomorrow, then it would only be freight and insurance back. If you don't get any offers I would try rental down there, if it is possible
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Postby phoenix on Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:22 pm

Thanks for the offer mate. It sucks being in Canberra sometimes.

yeah I'm looking at rental now. Does anyone know who rents out in Canberra?

Thanks again.
phoenix

Postby TonyT on Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:53 am

Sorry to hear of your problem I have the sigma as well
Ibut I shot canon

Tony
TonyT

Postby phoenix on Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:07 am

I may have been thrown a bit of a lifeline. They have changed the shoot to Thursday night now. So i have a bit of time to get my hands on something. I'm going to look at buying one if i can, but I'm not sure i can just yet. I cannot find any place that rents in Canberra at all. It's a bit frustrating.
phoenix

Postby seeto.centric on Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:35 pm

bah.. if i had read this earlier, i would've offered a tokina 12-24... but express post wont make it in time i dont think.

goodluck!

-julz
seeto.centric

Return to Canberra