Camera cover or case WHILE shooting? Lenscoat Bodyguard? Any

If you're a user of a Canon DSLR, then welcome. This is your home.

Moderators: gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Camera cover or case WHILE shooting? Lenscoat Bodyguard? Any

Postby haring on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:19 pm

Does anybody use Lenscoat Bodyguard?

Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/LensCoat-LCBGP...uard%C2%AE+Pro

I am looking for a solution to protect my cameras while we are shooting a wedding with my wife. I would love to keep the lens cover on the camera. I am not really interested in lens covers which protects photography gear in your bag.

What do you recommend?
haring

Re: Camera cover or case WHILE shooting? Lenscoat Bodyguard?

Postby Matt. K on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:22 pm

It's a mistake to get too precious in protecting your gear. It was manufactured to be used and is far more robust than you would believe. I have seen cameras suffer the most horrible abuse and come out of it rather unscathed. The biggest threat to your camera is sand and mud, then theft. Anything else you worry about just spoils your photography.
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby haring on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:24 am

Matt. K wrote:It's a mistake to get too precious in protecting your gear. It was manufactured to be used and is far more robust than you would believe. I have seen cameras suffer the most horrible abuse and come out of it rather unscathed. The biggest threat to your camera is sand and mud, then theft. Anything else you worry about just spoils your photography.

What I am worried about is sand. We photograph a lot of beach weddings in the Miami area. That's why I would like to have it on the camera during weddings.
haring

Postby aim54x on Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:17 pm

I have considered getting Lenscoat's for my lenses, but with the camera body I have not bothered. The only armour I have on my cameras is the RRS L-plate which serves another function
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Return to Canon Corral