d70 Toggle button UP broken already...

A place for us to talk about Nikon related camera gear.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

d70 Toggle button UP broken already...

Postby flipfrog on Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:49 am

getting fixed at Nikon, will be without my camera for 3 weeks (yeah they gave me a loaner)....
i have only had my d70 for less than one year, and the up stroke on the toggle button (for changing focus point/reviewing images) is going.....

thank God for 2 year warranty

anybody else have this problem yet?
flipfrog

Postby Sheetshooter on Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:54 am

Dee,

Mine is only about a month in my possession and no problems .... YET!! But judging by the comments like this and BGLOD and so forth I possibly have some fun and games awaiting me.

I must say it is always a delight to see pics from you and do I hope that the loaner does not leave you uninspired to maintain your throughput.

Cheers,

Walter

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." - Galassi
Sheetshooter

Postby DStrom on Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:33 am

I picked up my D70 in May last year,

and I have yet to have any problems other then 1 pixel which is stuck on most of the time on the rear LCD ...
DStrom

Postby stubbsy on Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:36 pm

Sheetshooter wrote:Dee,

Mine is only about a month in my possession and no problems .... YET!! But judging by the comments like this and BGLOD and so forth I possibly have some fun and games awaiting me.

I must say it is always a delight to see pics from you and do I hope that the loaner does not leave you uninspired to maintain your throughput.

Cheers,

SS WHile you may have other problems with your D70, it's unlikely you'll have BGLOD since it seems to affect only the early production run models (touch wood - bough mine in December :wink: )
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Return to Nikon