D70 light meter failure

A place for us to talk about Nikon related camera gear.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

D70 light meter failure

Postby greencardigan on Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:48 pm

Hi All,

Has anyone had light meter problems with their D70?

Mine decided to die about a month ago and was giving around 4 or 5 second exposures instead of about 1/30 sec.

Sending it to Nikon resulted in the light meter being replaced. After a month of waiting it's back. All's good except it now has extra dust on the sensor?? A bit strange seeing as i specifically asked to have the sensor cleaned as well.

Also worth noting that it was repaired under warranty even though it was 5 or 6 months out of warranty. :o

Are there many other members from around Wollongong?

Brad
greencardigan

Postby Glen on Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:57 pm

Welcome Brad. Yours is the first I have heard of, the Blinking Green Light Of Death is more common. Not unusual to get bonus dust from Maxwell. There are Wollongong members, you are also close enough to come to the Sydney minimeets and meet all there.

Glen
Glen

Postby Alpha_7 on Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:59 pm

Welcome to the forums Greencardigan. Yes there are a few wollongong members, I spend a fair bit of time down there myself, as I used to live there and have family and friends I visit on a regular basis. I'll let them introduce themselves, but I know of atleast one wollongong regular, and then a few a bit further south (Kiama/Nowra that direction).
Alpha_7

Postby gooseberry on Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:30 pm

Actually, the failing light meter is one of the first symptons before the blinking green light of death. A Nikon technician told me when I had the BGLOD that when the camera recognises that it's light meter has failed, it will switch into that mode where the camera won't turn on and the CF card light flashes.
gooseberry

Return to Nikon