Singapore trip

A place for us to talk about Nikon related camera gear.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Singapore trip

Postby ewm3 on Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:10 pm

Hello all
I'm planning a trip to Singapore in May; probably visit Langkawi etc. Any suggestions for good scenery, things to do or NOT do? Any problems with humidity for camera/lens and how can I help overcome them. Appreciate your help.
Eric in Adelaide

Nikon gear but looking for talent...
ewm3

Re: Singapore trip

Postby BullcreekBob on Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:45 pm

ewm3 wrote:Hello all
I'm planning a trip to Singapore in May; probably visit Langkawi etc. Any suggestions for good scenery, things to do or NOT do? Any problems with humidity for camera/lens and how can I help overcome them. Appreciate your help.

Humidity - Plenty of Silica Gel in your camera bag or some grains of rice. Try to minimise the amount of times you take your camera from being being exposed to a cold airconditioned room to the great humid outdoors and vice versa - always go via a good few minutes in the camera bag.

Scenery - Almost everywhere is good, street photography is great day or night. Avoid to much boring grey cloudy sky in landscapes. Take shots during the afternoon rain.

If you're not sure you'll enjoy it - take me with you.

Cheers
Bob in Bull Creek
BullcreekBob

Return to Nikon