Eyecup

A place for us to talk about Nikon related camera gear.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Eyecup

Postby ATJ on Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:00 pm

When I got my D70 back in early 2006, I joined DSLRUsers. One of the first things I bought through the bargains (Birddog was our contact at the time) was an eyecup. It was better than the default D70 one as it gave more coverage around the eye socket. When I got my D300 in late 2007 I moved it across to it and I have been using it ever since.

I'd like to get a couple more but I can't find them listed anywhere. I believe it was a genuine Nikon eyecup.

My current one looks like this:
ImageImage

I'd love to know the Nikon model number so I could find them. Please help.
ATJ

Re: Eyecup

Postby radar on Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:56 pm

Andrew,

I remember getting one of those eyecups as well, see this really old mini-meet post:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12361&p=146756&hilit=eyecup#p146756

That may give you some clues. I looked through my old stuff and I found what looks like the original D70s eyecup, DK-20. I have it in a bag that was for an eyecup for the F-601 film camera. So the eyecup for the F-601/F-401X may be the one you are looking for.

Have a look at Nikon USA eyecup page:
http://www.nikonusa.com/Nikon-Products/ ... index.page

HTH,

André
Photography, as a powerful medium of expression and communications, offers an infinite variety of perception, interpretation and execution. Ansel Adams

(misc Nikon stuff)
radar

Re: Eyecup

Postby ATJ on Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:28 pm

Thanks, André.

I had looked through the Nikon eyecups and couldn't find it there. The DK-20 is similar but it doesn't stick out as much and doesn't have the semicircular shroud. The DK-20 looks more like the one that comes with the D70 by default (and similar to the one that came with my D300).

After looking through that thread (and some others) I realised I must have got the eyecup in 2005 not 2006 as I joined DSLRUsers just after I bought the D70. With that information I was able to locate a thread that talks about it:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1174&p=11537&hilit=eyecup#p11537

So I want the one for the 601.
ATJ

Return to Nikon