Nikon D5

A place for us to talk about Nikon related camera gear.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Nikon D5

Postby gstark on Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:10 pm

Nikon has just announced the D5. Not a whole lot of info in the presser though ...

Nikon Press Release wrote:Nikon Australia is pleased to announce the development of the Nikon D5 DSLR camera, representing the next generation of professional Nikon FX-format cameras.

A new Wireless Transmitter WT-6 and Speedlight SB-5000, which will be positioned at the top of Nikon's Speedlight range, are also being developed to complement the greatly anticipated flagship DSLR.

This next-generation professional camera will offer a higher level of performance and advanced accessories, alongside the rich lineup of existing NIKKOR lenses. Through this combination, Nikon is pursuing further possibilities of innovation for imaging expression.

Details including release date and suggested retail price for these products have not yet been determined.

Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Re: Nikon D5

Postby ozimax on Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:08 pm

Will it have an inbuilt coffee roaster/grinder/maker ? That is the question.
President, A.A.A.A.A (Australian Association Against Acronym Abuse)
Canon EOS R6, RF 24-105 F4, RF 70-200 F4, RF 35mm F1.8, RF 16mm F2.8
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)
ozimax

Postby Mr Darcy on Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:25 pm

You want to pour water into your camera???
Greg
It's easy to be good... when there is nothing else to do
Mr Darcy

Postby Matt. K on Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:41 pm

I hate to say it Nikon, Canon, Fuji etc...but I think our cameras are good enough. I just can't think of anything else I need in a camera that would entice me to part with an extra 3 or 4 thousand dollars.
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby gstark on Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:15 am

Matt. K wrote:I hate to say it Nikon, Canon, Fuji etc...but I think our cameras are good enough. I just can't think of anything else I need in a camera that would entice me to part with an extra 3 or 4 thousand dollars.

Coffee maker?

Live blogging capability? (Sorry, Samsung have that one covered)
g.
Gary Stark
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby ozimax on Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:20 am

gstark wrote:
Matt. K wrote:I hate to say it Nikon, Canon, Fuji etc...but I think our cameras are good enough. I just can't think of anything else I need in a camera that would entice me to part with an extra 3 or 4 thousand dollars.

Coffee maker?

It is rumoured that Samsung are about to bail out of the mirrorless camera world. Any thoughts?
President, A.A.A.A.A (Australian Association Against Acronym Abuse)
Canon EOS R6, RF 24-105 F4, RF 70-200 F4, RF 35mm F1.8, RF 16mm F2.8
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)
ozimax

Postby gstark on Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:45 am

ozimax wrote:
gstark wrote:

Coffee maker?

It is rumoured that Samsung are about to bail out of the mirrorless camera world. Any thoughts?

There's a couple of terms that are very rarely heard together: "Gary Stark" and "thought". :)

But seriously, no, I've not heard that, and I'm not sure that it would be correct; they're investing a lot of development into their camera tech, and trying very hard to be better than Sony, whom I think they see as their real competitor in this market.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Return to Nikon