Question about Sigma and Leica LEns at PMA

Unless they get too big for themselves, this is where you can talk about the "other" brands of DSLR's: Konica Minolta / Sony, Pentax / Samsung, Olympus, Horseman, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Question about Sigma and Leica LEns at PMA

Postby bumthology on Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:35 pm

HI
i was just on the dpreview website and i saw the Leica 25mm f1.4 i think it was, it says its designed for 4/3 systems, does that mean they will make this lens work for Nikon or canon? and because its ASP does it have an internal motor?

Also the sigma Sp1 has a DSLR sized sensor, but only an aperture of 4 ? ..how would this be for lowlight shooting?

sorry i am really interested in both products which is why i asked.
bumthology

Postby PiroStitch on Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:21 am

As far as I know, the 4/3 system applies to Olympus and not Canon and Nikon. Whether or not Leica release one for them, I'm not sure.

What type of lowlight shooting are you talking about here? If it's architecture and you can take your shots on a tripod, then yes it can work. Handheld you would probably be looking at shutter speeds of about 1/20s or longer based on the amount of light you have. Also depends on the ISO speed capabilities of the DP1. Typically for f4, lowlight isn't the best but there are workarounds - it's not impossible depending on the situation
Hassy, Leica, Nikon, iPhone
Come follow the rabbit hole...
PiroStitch

Return to Other