Adobe Lightroom 3 Date Problem...

Tutorials, questions, demos, questionable images ,,,

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Adobe Lightroom 3 Date Problem...

Postby Remorhaz on Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:21 pm

Since upgrading to Adobe Lightroom 3 I appear to have a problem with the dates of my imported photos and I'm baffled as to what is going on or how to fix it.

Basically I import my photos into Lightroom using the default folders it creates - basically:

YYYY/
YYYY-MM-DD/

however I get it to rename my files into YYYYMMDD_XXX.NEF filename format (where XXX is just an incrementing sequence number).

So here is my problem - files shot before about 2PM are correctly named with the correct date and put into the correct dated folder - e.g. photos I took today went into the folder:

2010-08-22

and were named:

20100822_XXX.NEF

However files shot after about 2PM do go into the correct DAY folder (i.e. 2010-08-22 for today) but the filenames end up as 20100823_XXX.NEF (i.e. tomorrows date?).

I was originally thinking it's something to do with UTC time or something - however in the EXIF data for the files the date/time is set correctly and I've checked my camera (Nikon D90) date/time, etc settings and my Mac laptop date/time settings and they are both correct. I didn't have this problem before - it only seems to have appeared after upgrading to Lightroom 3 - any ideas?
D600, D7000, Nikon/Sigma/Tamron Lenses, Nikon Flashes, Sirui/Manfrotto/Benro Sticks
Rodney - My Photo Blog
Want: Fast Wide (14|20|24)
Remorhaz

Re: Adobe Lightroom 3 Date Problem...

Postby DaveB on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:05 am

I'm unable to reproduce your symptoms as described with files from my cameras. There has to be another variable in there somewhere.

If you're happy to zip up two files (one without the problem and one with [after 2pm?]) and yousendit/etc them to me I'll look into it further.
DaveB

Return to Post Processing