Photographs from Dive at Shelly Beach on 19 August

This section is for members who wish to post notifications of updates to their personal galleries. Please note that as the initial you may <b>only</b> include a link to your gallery - you may not, and you must not, include any images. That is where the fun begins: other members may then click on your link, and if they particularly like an image from your gallery, then <b>they</b> may post the link to your image, from your gallery, along with reasons as to why they like the image. <i>Image critiquing is NOT permitted in this section, and images posted within this section are not considered for PotW. Posts made in this section will be excluded from the "Recent Posts" section on the front page, which means that you will need to actively seek posts here. This section will also prune itself, with stale topics being removed 14 days after the most recent post being made.<i>

Moderator: Moderators

Photographs from Dive at Shelly Beach on 19 August

Postby ATJ on Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:57 pm

Here are some photographs from a dive last Sunday:

http://www.petsforum.com/personal/trevo ... Beach.html
Last edited by ATJ on Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ATJ

Postby stubbsy on Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:02 pm

Andrew

That shot of the Weedy Seadragon is impressive. At a quick glance it really does just look like some orange weed. One of the great things about these images is they show a world many of us miss viewing.

Image PS Yep I beat you to 3rd with my post :lol:
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby ATJ on Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:05 pm

Peter,

These guys hang around in areas where debris seems to accumulate. (I'm not sure why.) There is often quite a bit of kelp and other algae around. At the depth (10-15 metres), there is almost no red or orange light so they just look brown and look even more like a piece of weed than the photograph shows.
ATJ

Postby Manta on Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:24 pm

Fantastic image! I wonder how may of these guys I passed by during dives, not seeing through the camouflage.
Simon
D300 l MB-D10 l D70 l SB-800 l 70-200 VR l TC 17-E l 18-70 f3.5-4.5 l 70-300 f4-5.6 l 50 f1.4 l 90 Macro f2.8 l 12-24 f4
http://www.redbubble.com/people/manta
Manta
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year

Postby ATJ on Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:51 pm

Simon,

Thanks.

Manta wrote:I wonder how may of these guys I passed by during dives, not seeing through the camouflage.

Unless you have been diving in Sydney or further south, around to Perth... none. :P They are only found in temperate waters. The South Australians (and to some extent WA and Victoria) also get the leafy seadragon. Bastards!
ATJ

Postby Matt. K on Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:30 pm

Beautiful images!
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby big pix on Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:09 pm

good series....... takes me back
Cheers ....bp....
Difference between a good street photographer and a great street photographer....
Removing objects that do not belong...
happy for the comments, but
.....Please DO NOT edit my image.....
http://bigpix.smugmug.com Forever changing
big pix

Postby Heath Bennett on Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:18 pm

Great pics ATJ. Nice to see what I didn't snorkelling at the same location a month ago. I read a sign nearby before going in that they had these dragons - kept an eye out and didn't see it. Now I know why!
HB
Heath Bennett

Return to Gallery Updates