Alexander Anwandter

This section is for members who wish to post notifications of updates to their personal galleries. Please note that as the initial you may <b>only</b> include a link to your gallery - you may not, and you must not, include any images. That is where the fun begins: other members may then click on your link, and if they particularly like an image from your gallery, then <b>they</b> may post the link to your image, from your gallery, along with reasons as to why they like the image. <i>Image critiquing is NOT permitted in this section, and images posted within this section are not considered for PotW. Posts made in this section will be excluded from the "Recent Posts" section on the front page, which means that you will need to actively seek posts here. This section will also prune itself, with stale topics being removed 14 days after the most recent post being made.<i>

Moderator: Moderators

Alexander Anwandter

Postby Reschsmooth on Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:58 pm

One of the reasons we set up the smugmug account was as a more efficient and convenient alternative to emailing bulky photos of Alex to family and friends - this way, we can send a link with a quick email letting people know that more photos have been added.

Anyway, we have used this gallery as an online way to (in approximate chronological order) map Alex's growth from 30 min old to 12 week old (thus far).

Also, I have used it as a way to show my "portraiture" skill development, or lack thereof. Even if the shots of Alex (and Alicia) are candid, I try to ensure I get my lighting right and complimentary. This doesn't always happen, and I have received great advice from people on this forum on potential improvements.

Here is the link:

http://inernest.smugmug.com/gallery/3052846#166416929

Thanks for looking.
Regards, Patrick

Two or three lights, any lens on a light-tight box are sufficient for the realisation of the most convincing image. Man Ray 1935.
Our mug is smug
Reschsmooth

Postby Laurie on Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:08 pm

not sure what is about this photo, but i love it!

definitely a great way to document your sons life !!
Laurie

Postby Glen on Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:17 pm

He is definitely photogenic :) (and Alicia too)

Glen

Postby Geoff on Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:59 pm

Beautiful Patrick - great way of documenting his first few months.

I hope to do that one day in the future too :)
Geoff
Special Moments Photography
Nikon D700, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200 2.8VR, SB800 & some simple studio stuff.
Geoff

Postby Reschsmooth on Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:36 pm

Thanks guys,

Geoff, I can't believe it has almost been 3 months already - just think, when Alex was born, the world was completely different - just look at the changes to superannuation laws in just 3 months! :lol:

Incidentally and probably obviously, some of the photos on the gallery were not taken by me, but by Mrs Reschsmooth (Alicia).
Regards, Patrick

Two or three lights, any lens on a light-tight box are sufficient for the realisation of the most convincing image. Man Ray 1935.
Our mug is smug
Reschsmooth

Return to Gallery Updates