Smugmug Gallery modded and updated

This section is for members who wish to post notifications of updates to their personal galleries. Please note that as the initial you may <b>only</b> include a link to your gallery - you may not, and you must not, include any images. That is where the fun begins: other members may then click on your link, and if they particularly like an image from your gallery, then <b>they</b> may post the link to your image, from your gallery, along with reasons as to why they like the image. <i>Image critiquing is NOT permitted in this section, and images posted within this section are not considered for PotW. Posts made in this section will be excluded from the "Recent Posts" section on the front page, which means that you will need to actively seek posts here. This section will also prune itself, with stale topics being removed 14 days after the most recent post being made.<i>

Moderator: Moderators

Smugmug Gallery modded and updated

Postby Raskill on Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:43 pm

Hi all,

Wonder if any of you have the time to have a look at my smugmug gallery-

http://www.awbphotos.com.au

I've been updating and modding it, so any feed back would be appreciated. It's a work in progress, but I'm still keen to hear something/anything.

Cheers,

Ras.
2x D700, 2x D2h, lenses, speedlights, studio, pelican cases, tripods, monopods, patridges, pear trees etc etc

Raskill

Postby bwhinnen on Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:30 am

Hey Alan,

Black background suits it better.

In your sections can you reverse sort by date, so the latest galleries are listed at the top? Gives more work for people to scroll down to find you current work...

Other than that it looks good.

The arrows to move the scrolling thumbnails seem to be opposite of what I expect, but that is no biggie. (I would expect putting your mouse over the right arrow would make them appear from the right quicker, not actually move right). Perhaps I am just backwards (or should that be sdrawkcab?)

Did you want to watermark all your pics?

Cheers
Brett
bwhinnen

Postby Killakoala on Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:39 am

The scrolling arrows caught me too. It does seem backwards to what I expected. But once you realise, its no longer a problem.

Is that a standard Smugmug theme, the scrolling screen?
Steve.
|D700| D2H | F5 | 70-200VR | 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-70 | 10.5 | 12-24 | SB800 |
Website-> http://www.stevekilburn.com
Leeds United for promotion in 2014 - Hurrah!!!
Killakoala

Postby Raskill on Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:32 am

Thanks guys.

The buttons on the frontpage are beyond my control. I'm learning html very very slowly, and the slideshow is part of a flash player that I couldn't hope to understand.

Smugmug lets you use html in your bio, so you can add a few things. The slideshow is a mod made by someone else. I basically just cut and pasted the code in and made a few changes to suit myself.

The scrolling filmstrip in the galleries is also just basically cut and pasted in, with a few small changes.

I agree the black looks better Brett, I think the gallery is starting to look ok.

Cheers!
2x D700, 2x D2h, lenses, speedlights, studio, pelican cases, tripods, monopods, patridges, pear trees etc etc

Raskill

Postby Killakoala on Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:52 pm

Well you certainly know more about HTML and stuff than I do.
Steve.
|D700| D2H | F5 | 70-200VR | 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-70 | 10.5 | 12-24 | SB800 |
Website-> http://www.stevekilburn.com
Leeds United for promotion in 2014 - Hurrah!!!
Killakoala

Postby CraigVTR on Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:31 pm

Alan
The scroll arrows got me as well.

I like the black background and the way it works overall. But I think the banner on the home page is just a little to big.

Loved the Aroona shots. The night fire, batons and shield lines makes me think back to the Easter bike races at Bathurst.
Craig
Lifes journey is not to arrive at our grave in a well preserved body but, rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Wow what a ride."
D70s, D300, 70-300ED, 18-70 Kit Lens, Nikkor 105 Micro. Manfrotto 190Prob Ball head. SB800 x 2.
CraigVTR

Postby DanielA on Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:56 pm

CraigVTR wrote:The scroll arrows got me as well.

The direction of the scrolling can be swapped. See item 36.
Although I have to say I'm not a fan of the film-strip view.

But I think the banner on the home page is just a little to big.

Yes I think the banner is a bit big. It would be OK on the front page, but on all the other pages a smaller version would be better. That's what I did on my site.

Daniel
Nikon D4, D2Xs, D70, Nikkors and Sigmas lenses from 10 to 400mm
www.DSAimages.com
DanielA

Postby Raskill on Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:28 pm

Thanks guys.

Daniel, thanks for that link. I've changed the offending arrows and the scrolling has slowed down also.

I'm starting to like smugmug now.

:)

Raskill

Postby bwhinnen on Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:00 pm

Your Oran park one is using a different style, actually I don't mind that style to be honest :)

Arrows are much better now.
bwhinnen

Postby DanielA on Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:17 pm

No problem Raskill.

bwhinnen wrote:Your Oran park one is using a different style, actually I don't mind that style to be honest :)

That's the standard Smugmug style. It's much better now it streeeetches.

Daniel
Nikon D4, D2Xs, D70, Nikkors and Sigmas lenses from 10 to 400mm
www.DSAimages.com
DanielA

Return to Gallery Updates