Gone Walkabout

This section is for members who wish to post notifications of updates to their personal galleries. Please note that as the initial you may <b>only</b> include a link to your gallery - you may not, and you must not, include any images. That is where the fun begins: other members may then click on your link, and if they particularly like an image from your gallery, then <b>they</b> may post the link to your image, from your gallery, along with reasons as to why they like the image. <i>Image critiquing is NOT permitted in this section, and images posted within this section are not considered for PotW. Posts made in this section will be excluded from the "Recent Posts" section on the front page, which means that you will need to actively seek posts here. This section will also prune itself, with stale topics being removed 14 days after the most recent post being made.<i>

Moderator: Moderators

Gone Walkabout

Postby Big Red on Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:54 pm

Over Xmas i wandered around the top end of New South Wales for a few days then got talked into showing a few mates around the same area.

did a "pic report" on the two trips.
there too many pics to post up so i put them on a blog.
http://bigred4x4.blogspot.com/2008/01/walkabout.html
http://bigred4x4.blogspot.com/2008/01/w ... t-two.html
Big Red

Re: Gone Walkabout

Postby Oneputt on Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:47 pm

Cool Shane some great images there. :cheers:
"The good thing about meditation is that it makes doing nothing respectable"

D3 - http://www.oneputtphotographics.com
Oneputt

Postby Big Red on Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:00 pm

Thanks John :D
Big Red

Postby Manta on Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:21 pm

Great travelogue Shane and the pictures are pearlers. I know that area well and love it but don't get down there as much these days as I'd like. Did you happen to get a shot of the monument on the Mt Lindesay Hwy just as you come into Tenterfield? It's commemorates the crash site of my brother Mark's F-111 in April 1987. The townspeople usually keep the area around it clean and tidy but it would be nice to know it was still in good order.
Simon
D300 l MB-D10 l D70 l SB-800 l 70-200 VR l TC 17-E l 18-70 f3.5-4.5 l 70-300 f4-5.6 l 50 f1.4 l 90 Macro f2.8 l 12-24 f4
http://www.redbubble.com/people/manta
Manta
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year

Postby Big Red on Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:09 pm

Manta wrote:Great travelogue Shane and the pictures are pearlers. I know that area well and love it but don't get down there as much these days as I'd like. Did you happen to get a shot of the monument on the Mt Lindesay Hwy just as you come into Tenterfield? It's commemorates the crash site of my brother Mark's F-111 in April 1987. The townspeople usually keep the area around it clean and tidy but it would be nice to know it was still in good order.

sorry but i can't say i saw it ...
there is a monument in a park on the right but i didn't go and look at it.
was freshly mown though.
where exactly was it?
and sorry to hear about your brother.
Big Red

Postby Manta on Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:08 pm

As you're LEAVING Tenterfield along the Mt Lindsay Hwy it's right beside the road on the lefthand side about 4kms from the town. It's on a hill about 100m past a dark brown brick house. Off to the right is a tall tree by itself in a paddock which stretches down to a creek about 500m to the east. I'd post a Google Earth image but the resolution in that area doesn't allow you to see it.
Simon
D300 l MB-D10 l D70 l SB-800 l 70-200 VR l TC 17-E l 18-70 f3.5-4.5 l 70-300 f4-5.6 l 50 f1.4 l 90 Macro f2.8 l 12-24 f4
http://www.redbubble.com/people/manta
Manta
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year

Postby Big Red on Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:40 am

Manta wrote:As you're LEAVING Tenterfield along the Mt Lindsay Hwy it's right beside the road on the lefthand side about 4kms from the town. It's on a hill about 100m past a dark brown brick house. Off to the right is a tall tree by itself in a paddock which stretches down to a creek about 500m to the east. I'd post a Google Earth image but the resolution in that area doesn't allow you to see it.

thanks for that, i will have a look for it next time i'm down that way.
Big Red

Return to Gallery Updates