My first D40x image

With everyone getting new bodies, I think that separate section for you to proudly display your first image from your new acquisition is in order.

This applies to brand new bodies, as well as bodies that are simply newly acquired by you.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 800 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and no more than four images per post.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

My first D40x image

Postby ketsuryo on Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:41 pm

Well, I know it's not exactly a new image... but since it IS the first one I took with my very first DSLR, and also since it's my first ever post... I think it sort of qualify as the first image don't you think?
Eliza
The closer you are to the light, the greater your shadow becomes...
ketsuryo

Re: My first D40x image

Postby Glen on Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:00 pm

Welcome Eliza, like the cat tag. :D A lot better than my first shot with a recent purchase.
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Postby AndyL on Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:18 am

Hi Eliza,

Lucy is a good first shot subject. I think my last first shot was the leg of a coffee table - most forgettable.

Cheers :)
AndyL

Postby ketsuryo on Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:29 pm

Glen wrote:Welcome Eliza, like the cat tag. :D

Thanks Glen, the tag and Lucy are simply "M.F.E.O."! :D

AndyL wrote:Hi Eliza,

Lucy is a good first shot subject. I think my last first shot was the leg of a coffee table - most forgettable.

Thanks Andrew, I have a feeling I probably should know you, but I can't work out why except you know her name is Lucy...
Eliza
ketsuryo

Postby gstark on Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:50 pm

ketsuryo wrote:Thanks Andrew, I have a feeling I probably should know you, but I can't work out why except you know her name is Lucy...

Her name and photo are stuck up in the mens' toilet in the bar across the road from the Gabba, along with the scrawl "for a good time, call .... "

Oh yes, have a look at your directory structure at Photobucket .....

:)
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby ketsuryo on Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:58 pm

gstark wrote:Her name and photo are stuck up in the mens' toilet in the bar across the road from the Gabba, along with the scrawl "for a good time, call .... "

What? And they didn't give me any commision fee? What happened to the copyright idea? :twisted:

gstark wrote:Oh yes, have a look at your directory structure at Photobucket .....

Oh that method... didn't know you can pull it out from the forum directly unless you looked at the source code...
Anyway thanks for letting me know~
Eliza
ketsuryo

Postby AndyL on Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:11 pm

ketsuryo wrote:
AndyL wrote:Hi Eliza,

Thanks Andrew, I have a feeling I probably should know you, but I can't work out why except you know her name is Lucy...

I had a look at the exif data. I was tempted to call her Lucy Lu :)

Cheers
AndyL

Postby Marvin on Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:17 am

It's nice and sharp. I think a little more fill light in the eyes and around the top of the head would improve it.
Nikon D7000
Marvin

Postby gstark on Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:32 am

ketsuryo wrote:
gstark wrote:Oh yes, have a look at your directory structure at Photobucket .....

Oh that method... didn't know you can pull it out from the forum directly unless you looked at the source code...
Anyway thanks for letting me know~

Right click on the image (ctrl-click on the mac), properties ... that she blows!

g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby ketsuryo on Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:44 pm

AndyL wrote:I had a look at the exif data. I was tempted to call her Lucy Lu :)

Cheers

Please don't laugh but my surname is LU... She is really registered as Lucy Lu...

Marvin wrote:It's nice and sharp. I think a little more fill light in the eyes and around the top of the head would improve it.

Thanks Marvin, I agree totally that her eyes looked a bit too dark... I think I did this one with the tiny little SB400 bouncing towards the ceiling (I was afraid to direct any light towards her eyes as it would make them into green-yellowish reflection (the many failures from my DC which can't change the direction of flash) and also would make her uncomfortable)...
Eliza
ketsuryo

Postby AndyL on Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:56 pm

ketsuryo wrote:
AndyL wrote:I had a look at the exif data. I was tempted to call her Lucy Lu :)

Cheers

Please don't laugh but my surname is LU...

Yes, I got that from the exif too. :)

I had a play with the image in PS. It came up nicely with about 0.6 stops of +ve EV adjustment and a bit of tweaking of brightness and contrast (separate layer) to bring her eyes out.

AndyL

Return to First Image