First 70-200 image

With everyone getting new bodies, I think that separate section for you to proudly display your first image from your new acquisition is in order.

This applies to brand new bodies, as well as bodies that are simply newly acquired by you.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 800 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and no more than four images per post.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

First 70-200 image

Postby dawesy on Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:16 pm

First out of the new 70-200 VR, love this lens. Pretty crappy for a number of reasons, not the least of which I took it just after it rained so the haze was terrible. I just couldn't wait.

This one it a little better, but not great.

On a good night, of which there are less than you'd expect, the buildings are very clear so I plan to keep on trying until I get something good!
dawesy

Re: First 70-200 image

Postby ozimax on Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:48 pm

Cool images Dawesy, you have an excellent lens which will no doubt give you stirling (sp) service. The clouds in these one look very menacing indeed.

Ozi
President, A.A.A.A.A (Australian Association Against Acronym Abuse)
Canon EOS R6, RF 24-105 F4, RF 70-200 F4, RF 35mm F1.8, RF 16mm F2.8
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)
ozimax

Postby stubbsy on Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:00 am

Dawesy

Great lens - you'll love it. Of these images the second is the better, but both could benefit IMHO from a more pano style crop. Looking at #2 I'd chop a large part of the top. This in turn would make the city larger since it draws the viewers eye more wheras at present the cloud dominates. Finally, and this may sound strange coming from me, but I think these are a little too blue. Finally, finally :) I assume these are taken using a tripod - at the risk of stating the obvious turn the VR OFF in such a case.
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby shteeve5150 on Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:29 pm

Hi Dawsey/stubbsy

I like the night blue's in this image, but was curious by Stubbsy's comment about them being 'too blue'. Has any work been done on images to draw out the blue? Or is this the way the images were taken and they would benifet from a little work to reduce the blue tinge of the sky?

If this reresents what colours were available to the naked eye, it must have been a fairly magic site to see.

cheers
steve
shteeve5150

Postby dawesy on Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:49 pm

Thanks all, been on holidays for two weeks so only just catching up!

These are OOC jpgs, no processing at all. I plan on re-shooting this scene on a nicer night and try to make the focus the city, not the sky. For that I agree a Pano will be better, either a crop of stich of shots at a longer focal length.

Regarding the VR, don't think I did turn that off as it happens - my first VR lens so will have to keep an eye on that!
dawesy

Postby zafra52 on Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:28 pm

I believe the second image comes across as more natural. The first one looks as if the sklyline has been over sposed.
zafra52

Return to First Image