First images using the Tamron 90mm

With everyone getting new bodies, I think that separate section for you to proudly display your first image from your new acquisition is in order.

This applies to brand new bodies, as well as bodies that are simply newly acquired by you.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 800 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and no more than four images per post.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

First images using the Tamron 90mm

Postby Myrtle on Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:35 pm

So my first foray into macro isn't that great but here are two of the images I took today. If you have any tips - feel free to share :D

This little mantis bug was only about 1.5cm long and sitting on towel - not good but here it is.

This moth had been flying about inside and settled on the curtain rod.

Linda
Myrtle

Re: First images using the Tamron 90mm

Postby Marvin on Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:44 pm

I'm certainly no expert but I think you need a bit of fill flash and you missed the focus with the first one. Macro is lots of fun, but quite hard (in my experience). What were your settings? You will need to have a reasonably small aperture I believe.
Nikon D7000
Marvin

Postby Myrtle on Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:23 pm

Marvin wrote:I'm certainly no expert but I think you need a bit of fill flash and you missed the focus with the first one. Macro is lots of fun, but quite hard (in my experience). What were your settings? You will need to have a reasonably small aperture I believe.

Only had on camera flash - don't have another flash at this point - it's on the wish list.

And yes - I can see that macro is going to be quite difficult to master - that's why I was just pleased that you could at least see what I had taken a photo of :shock:

Started out at F8 and went up from there in my experimenting.

Linda
Myrtle

Postby colin_12 on Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:37 pm

I find that I can get quite acceptable results with the on board flash Linda.
Give it a whorl.
You should get sharp results from about f5.6 to around f11 after that you will get more dof at the loss of sharpness.
That being said my camera will allow me to set my 105 nikkor to f54 due to whatever electrical wangling that it does as the lense only goes to f32.
I can get acceptable images at this f stop when I use flash.
Hope this gives some insight. There is a lot to learn in all aspects of this work, I have a loooong way to go yet. :up:
Regards Colin
Regards Colin
Cameras, lenses and a lust for life
colin_12

Return to First Image