First shots with Sony Alpha a200

With everyone getting new bodies, I think that separate section for you to proudly display your first image from your new acquisition is in order.

This applies to brand new bodies, as well as bodies that are simply newly acquired by you.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 800 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and no more than four images per post.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

First shots with Sony Alpha a200

Postby Athrunz on Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:07 am

Hey guys,
Let me start off by introducing myself. My names Melvin and i'm currently a student studying in Perth. I've always been interested in photography but have never gotten around to actually doing it, that is until last Sunday when i went out and got myself the Sony alpha a200. So here are the sony's first couple of days of work.

Please excuse all the pics containing flowers, been raining here so i haven't been able to actually get out of the house and try it out. Criticism is welcomed as im a complete newbie at this and would love to get tips from you guys/gals.

Cheers

Just messing around with photoshop a bit
Athrunz

Re: First shots with Sony Alpha a200

Postby Bindii on Thu May 15, 2008 10:17 pm

I'm not a fan of selective colour but I really like that last one.. looks like you are quickly getting the hang of your new camera.. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work in the critique section (where I am sure more members frequent so you will get more feedback there).. oh and welcome! :)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but it's still on the list... ;)
Bindii

Postby surenj on Thu May 15, 2008 10:56 pm

Hello and welcome. I see that you are already proficient in photoshop. It's going to be an asset for you. Looking forward for more photos from you.
surenj

Postby Athrunz on Fri May 30, 2008 3:39 am

Hey guys,

Sorry for the slow reply but my net was down for quite a while. Thanks for the comments. I've however returned the sony A200 (viewfinder wasn't sealed properly so had dust problems) for a Nikon D80 and have been loving every minute of it.

Cheers
Athrunz

Postby Yi-P on Fri May 30, 2008 6:51 pm

Athrunz wrote:Hey guys,

Sorry for the slow reply but my net was down for quite a while. Thanks for the comments. I've however returned the sony A200 (viewfinder wasn't sealed properly so had dust problems) for a Nikon D80 and have been loving every minute of it.

Cheers

Wise choice, wise choice :cheers:
Yi-P

Postby mic291 on Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:43 am

Just returned from WEEKS AND WEEKS of travel and thought I would add to this thread....

I picked up one of the UK photo mags in my travel, Digital Photo and in the TIPA Awards for 2008 the A200 won best entry level SLR. For those interested best mid level as the Canon 450D and best expert the D300.

The mag also did a review of the 450D vs Sony's new A350.........drum roll....award went to the A350.

Now before everyone shoots the messenger, I have had a good opportunity to take photos with my A700 and new lenses in the last few weeks and I have to say overall, I am disappointed in the result. Not sure if I am disappointed in the camera, or more realistically disappointed in me driving the camera but a few friends who have absolutely no idea how to take photos, always shoot in auto modes have some better fotos in their Canon and Nikons than I do in my signature model Sony!!

Cant put my finger on what it is.

I have to spend some time with someone who is VERY experienced and play around with their Canon or Nikon and try the same with my Sony.

Will post some photos soon

Mike
--------------------------------------------------
Sony DSLR A850
Sony 50mm f/1.2 lens
Carl Zeiss f2.4 24mm - 70mm
Tamron 70 - 300mm f/4 - f/5.3
mic291

Return to First Image