New Sigma 150mm

With everyone getting new bodies, I think that separate section for you to proudly display your first image from your new acquisition is in order.

This applies to brand new bodies, as well as bodies that are simply newly acquired by you.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 800 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and no more than four images per post.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

New Sigma 150mm

Postby ja_S_on on Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:43 pm

After contemplating my choices and shaking ye old money tree i finally made a decision and went an bought a shiny new Sigma 150mm.

Learning to use it was somewhat interesting - it is a lot different to what i was used to. However after looking at some of the results i couldn't stand to put the old lens back on purely due to colour and clarity. Needless to say i have since fallen in love with it and try to give it a run whenever possible

Here are a couple of images from my first outing with it up at the Botanical Gardens in Canberra

C & C is much appreciated

Thanks in advance!

Jason
ja_S_on

Re: New Sigma 150mm

Postby johnd on Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:05 pm

Yep that's a good macro lens alright Jason. Only trouble with mine is the AF is busted and will only manually focus. Not too much of a problem with macro though.
The colours you are getting are very vibrant. I like the images, particularly #1. My only gripe ythough is that light blue thing in tyhe top left hand side. It's kind of distracting.

Cheers
John
D3, D300, 14-24/2.8, 24-70/2.8, 85/1.4, 80-400VR, 18-200VR, 105/2.8 VR macro, Sigma 150/2.8 macro
http://www.johndarguephotography.com/
johnd

Re: New Sigma 150mm

Postby aim54x on Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:23 pm

Congrats on the purchase, I love the pics, nice vibrant colours and great DOF (although #1 could probably have been isolated more)

I have been itching to test out my Sigma 180mm properly but have not had it on me.
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Return to First Image