50D

With everyone getting new bodies, I think that separate section for you to proudly display your first image from your new acquisition is in order.

This applies to brand new bodies, as well as bodies that are simply newly acquired by you.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 800 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and no more than four images per post.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

50D

Postby robert on Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:08 pm

Just got the 50D on Friday. I did a lot of ringing around and found the lowest price and then got my local JB HiFi to match it ($1575). Ordered and arrived within a week. My sisters wife got married on the weekend so was up in the blue mts all weekend. My first chance to ry it out was after everyone went to bed Friday night. This is Katoomba falls. WB needs a bit of adjust but at least this camera fits my hands!! On my 400D my pinky was floating and so not as comfortable. Its not a great first image but its a start. Second is one from the wedding.

Does anyone know how to get the thumbnails to show in windows folders??? raw from 400D used to show, but not these. thanks
Robert
EOS 5D Mk II, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200f4 IS, 50 f1.8, 100 macro, 300D (IR Mod)
robert

Re: 50D

Postby aim54x on Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:12 pm

Nice work, i do agree that the WB needs a little adjustment.

Windows will show thumbnails for the raw when there is a associated program to decode it for windows. So if you have a program that you open the RAW with, then set it as the default program and thumbnails should follow. Hope this works for you
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Re: 50D

Postby zafra52 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:53 pm

Thanks for sharing these lovely images, but I guess to make a reasonable comparisson we need to know what lenses you used when taking these pictures.
zafra52

Return to First Image