First try out D90

With everyone getting new bodies, I think that separate section for you to proudly display your first image from your new acquisition is in order.

This applies to brand new bodies, as well as bodies that are simply newly acquired by you.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 800 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and no more than four images per post.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

First try out D90

Postby amashun1 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:26 pm

went to Camera shows in Darling Harbor yesterday so i though i should try out some outdoor pictures on my D90 that i got few weeks ago. wasn't able to do any as the weather in Sydney wasn't good. picture taken by 18-105mm VR kit lens

Cheers,
Adrian

Nikon user
amashun1

Re: First try out D90

Postby aim54x on Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:57 pm

The first is a really nice image...were you shooting RAW?? If you burn in the top a bit to bring out a bit more detail it would be even better!

Great work though! PS: is it Hurstville or HurstvilKe?
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby surenj on Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:43 am

:agree: with cameron on the first image.

Second isn't as strong as it is, but perhaps you could try silhoutting the wheel in black and white... Colour is not really adding to that image.
surenj

Postby amashun1 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:51 am

thanks aim54x, i did shot it in raw but i have no idea what you talking about...lol location edited, sorry i didn't aware i have a typo on my location.

thanks surenj, i was thinking about B/W then converting to jpg but for some reason i really like the blue (in the center) and red so i left it as is.
Cheers,
Adrian

Nikon user
amashun1

Postby surenj on Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:48 pm

amashun1 wrote: i really like the blue (in the center) and red so i left it as is.

In that case you should try making the clouds blue and see whether that adds to the overall mood of the image.
surenj

Postby amashun1 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:25 pm

Will try that out on the weekend. thanks for your advise.
Cheers,
Adrian

Nikon user
amashun1

Return to First Image