7D first pics (at 100 ISO)

With everyone getting new bodies, I think that separate section for you to proudly display your first image from your new acquisition is in order.

This applies to brand new bodies, as well as bodies that are simply newly acquired by you.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 800 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and no more than four images per post.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

7D first pics (at 100 ISO)

Postby paulmac on Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:19 am

Hi folks

After a few outings with my new 7D, I thought I'd better post some "first" pics, ignoring the fact that the shutter count is now over 1700 courtesy of some night time lapse shots! No ducks to be found, I'm afraid.

These are JPEGs straight out of camera, resized to 750 pixels with Windows picture resizing tool.

Nifty 50mm at f1.8 ISO 200

Sigma 10-20mm at 10mm, ISO 100.

Canon 70-200 f4 IS at 200mm, f5.6, ISO 100

Canon 70-200 f4 IS at 160mm, f5.6, ISO 100 ("Velvia" picture profile used in camera)

There is whole lot to learn about how this camera behaves. These just happen to be low ISO pics, rather than showing off (or otherwise...) the high ISO capability of the camera. Getting used to it's focusing methods, its "auto" settings, and the bewildering level of adjustability is going to take some time!
paulmac

Re: 7D first pics (at 100 ISO)

Postby photomarcs on Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:19 am

Hey Paul,

Wow, you're images look shmick! =D

Might i say, nice use of the sigma 10-20, i'm considering purchasing the tamron 10-24 myself though =D

I think you're right in the sense of the 7D being fantastic, I'm just really fussed about the noise and ISO factor, i guess in a literal sense we are looking at a 120cm x 80cm format image, but still its really bothering me that my images are coming out as grainy as they are at 200 ISO.

Overall, i think the 7D has POTENTIAL. but at the moment it seems like i've made the wrong choice and should really have gone for the 5D mark II

But i'm definately going to get mine checked with Canon, kudos to the 1700 actuations, i've had mine for just under a month and i've got about 2900, going to be upscaled again tonight when i go to the christmas lights tonight in the city with Aim54x (Cameron).

But kudos to the 7D, have you tried the spot metering? *drool* iv'e been hoping they'd fix that up compared to the 1000D, yet for any clarity images, i guess i'll just use the 1000D... =D

but the 70-200mm f4L is FANTASTIC~! i ended up buying the non IS thinking i could just as easily boost my ISO, or simply use a flash. IS i find is rather useless for distance work in the daytime, but thats just purely self opinion here.

too bad some of my images aren't sharp with the 7D. I'm really not happy with the fact that i can have it on a tripod, shoot ISO 100 and have 1/6400 of a second to find that my images are as sharp as a Canon's curves. I really dislike the micro adjustment feature, if the camera can't support the lenses their supposed to be used with, why use it at all ?

Overall, I'm slightly contradicting myself, but then again i do have mixed feelings about the camera.

Yes its great, if it worked for me. I think i've got a dud.

but great work Paulmac! I hope to see more work from you soon =D
Canon | Sony | Panasonic | Tamron | Sigma
My photography is still developing.
Don't be so negative!
http://www.photomarcs.com
photomarcs

Re: 7D first pics (at 100 ISO)

Postby Geoff on Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:30 am

I love the 2nd image particularly! Lots to look at! Congrats on your purchase.
Geoff
Special Moments Photography
Nikon D700, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200 2.8VR, SB800 & some simple studio stuff.
Geoff

Return to First Image