New D90 - First Image, at Night

With everyone getting new bodies, I think that separate section for you to proudly display your first image from your new acquisition is in order.

This applies to brand new bodies, as well as bodies that are simply newly acquired by you.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 800 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and no more than four images per post.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

New D90 - First Image, at Night

Postby Ant on Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:00 am

Well, actually the third image after I changed metering. Most of these lights were done by my lunatic wife in the pouring rain one evening. Shot with my new D90, 18-55 VR, ISO3200, hand held. I now have a new learning curve to start on the appears steeper and as much fun as the D50 curve was. It is amazing how familiar the D90 feels already but I have to try and avoid the temptation to treat it just as a higher resolution D50. This image is JPEG straight out of the camera (I need to upgrade my lightroom to 2.x). One of the reasons to purchase this was to get my SB-600 off camera so I hope to do a lot of experimentation with this over the holidays.

Ant.
D90 | D50 | Tamron 17-50 2.8| AF-S 18-55 DX (and VR) | Sigma 70 - 300 APO DG | 50mm 1.8 | SB-600
Ant

Re: New D90 - First Image, at Night

Postby photomarcs on Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:22 am

Wow, colors are sweet coming out of the D90 even at 3200, i'm impressed. Though slightly average for 3200 ISO on grain and noise reduction. btw, ever considered LightRoom 3 BETA from adobe? theyve got a free download of it at the moment. =D

give it a crack!
Canon | Sony | Panasonic | Tamron | Sigma
My photography is still developing.
Don't be so negative!
http://www.photomarcs.com
photomarcs

Re: New D90 - First Image, at Night

Postby biggerry on Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:16 pm

new D90, 18-55 VR, ISO3200, hand held

*drools*

nothing more to say... :up:
gerry's photography journey
No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.
biggerry

Return to First Image