first image of my 50mm f1.4 manual lens

With everyone getting new bodies, I think that separate section for you to proudly display your first image from your new acquisition is in order.

This applies to brand new bodies, as well as bodies that are simply newly acquired by you.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 800 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and no more than four images per post.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

first image of my 50mm f1.4 manual lens

Postby amashun1 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:37 am

I think i'm in love, although it does not have auto focus but i'm sort of get used to manual focus from my Tamron SP90

i think i'm not push the lens limit hard enough, so could anyone please give me some advise?

Cheers,
Adrian
Cheers,
Adrian

Nikon user
amashun1

Re: first image of my 50mm f1.4 manual lens

Postby biggerry on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:02 pm

I think i'm in love

not the first or last time I bet :wink:

That first image shows why the 50mm ( in this case the 1.4) is an essential item in any kit - have a look at that bokeh, very creamy and dreamy - have fun with it

i think i'm not push the lens limit hard enough

the second image shows an example of a composition that is not complimented by the lens, look at backgrounds and what the OOF will do when using this lens, the 50 produces beautiful boken, so my only suggestion would be to concentrate, not only on the subject, but also whats happening around your subject, the background.

Any reason why you selected the manual focus version over the newer AF one? I assume its a secondhand one?
gerry's photography journey
No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.
biggerry

Re: first image of my 50mm f1.4 manual lens

Postby amashun1 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:37 pm

biggerry wrote:
I think i'm in love

not the first or last time I bet :wink:

That first image shows why the 50mm ( in this case the 1.4) is an essential item in any kit - have a look at that bokeh, very creamy and dreamy - have fun with it
thanks mate, will surely do :mrgreen:

biggerry wrote:
i think i'm not push the lens limit hard enough

the second image shows an example of a composition that is not complimented by the lens, look at backgrounds and what the OOF will do when using this lens, the 50 produces beautiful boken, so my only suggestion would be to concentrate, not only on the subject, but also whats happening around your subject, the background.

Any reason why you selected the manual focus version over the newer AF one? I assume its a secondhand one?
thanks for the advise, noted with thanks.

Yeah, it is sort of 2nd hand but the seller said "new condition" which just took out from the box and check everything.

I already have the 50mm f1.8D cheapy lens so if i want to use auto focus i can pop that on the camera. However, i don't have a full manual lens in my lens collection (after serious consideration my wishlist would be most fixed lenses instead of zoom lens). My friend told me learning from manual lens would be an interesting task so i want to give it a go hence my selection on the manual f1.4 lens. hope it makes sense.
Cheers,
Adrian

Nikon user
amashun1

Return to First Image