Bargains section and equipment purchasing

Forum rules and nettiquette, along with other items of general interest.

Important information about this forum is contained here, and members MUST familiarise themselves with the posts here, as well as what is contained within the FAQ.

Please do not complain if you ask a question regarding a topic covered here or in the FAQ and in response you get a rather brusque, obtuse or sarcastic response. We get sick and tired of answering the same questions, day in, day out, when the answers are clearly published, in plain view, and all that is required is for you to open your eyes and read them!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Postby Nnnnsic on Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:09 pm

You know Dad pulled the plug on you once before, too... right?
Producer & Editor @ GadgetGuy.com.au
Contributor for fine magazines such as PC Authority and Popular Science.
Nnnnsic
I'm a jazz singer... so I know what I'm doing

Postby BBJ on Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:21 pm

HAHA leigh, well mate could put that down to old age maybe, lol but whats your excuse?
Just kidding you leigh, we might forget it oneday.
I very rarely log out and i missed it, lol just as well Birdy and myself took up chattin on msn.

Keep up the good work
D3,D2x,D70,18-70 kit lens,Sigma 70-200mm F2.8EX HSM,Nikon AF-I 300m F2.8, TC20E 2X
80-400VR,SB800,Vosonic X Drive,VP6210 40
http://www.oz-images.com
BBJ

Postby Nnnnsic on Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:23 pm

BBJ wrote:HAHA leigh, well mate could put that down to old age maybe, lol but whats your excuse

Genetics.
Nnnnsic

Postby bago100 on Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:12 pm

gstark wrote:
bago100 wrote:I see Birdie has a stock of 100 D70 forum shirts and has sold none since December.

Maybe a condition of access to the bargains section could include a mandatory purchase of a D70 users T shirt in addition to the 30 posts minimum. This would indicate some kind of comittment to maintaining the group experience and to belonging in general.

Interesting thought, Graham, but I'm not into trying to tell people how they should spend their $$$$.

We just had dinner at a Korean restaurant in Waikiki, and I was outraged that, for a party of two, this place had the temerity to add the gratuity to the bill before giving it to me.

Then, in the credit card charge, they placed the total (including their pre-ordained gratuity) as the total amount of the meal charge, leaving the tip section vacant, awaiting, seemingly, a further tip.

Lucky for them I'm in a good mood this evening .... :)

I was just trying to be helpful - that is always my intention. It just seems unusual that the D70 forum shirts are not moving especially in light of the huge increase in membership and posts.

Gary - your post shows the wisdom of always checking bills from restaurants (hotels too) before making payment. I can't tell you the number of issues I have had with hotels adding all sorts of things to my account. Now, whenever I'm lucky enough to be travelling, I always check the bill, and if it is to be put on tab to be paid later, I always draw a line under the last amount and sign. That way, nothing can be added on later without drawing suspicion.

Tourists are always good rip off targets. They are on holiday, they spend, they get drunk and they drop their guard. Silly really. They even ask strangers to watch their baggage etc while they go to the bathroom or somewhere nearby. Crazy stuff.

Cheers

Graham
bago100

Postby gstark on Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:21 pm

bago100 wrote:Gary - your post shows the wisdom of always checking bills from restaurants (hotels too) before making payment.

Often any such overcharges I see are the result of an honest error.

Often they're not. :)

Tourists are always good rip off targets. They are on holiday, they spend, they get drunk and they drop their guard. Silly really. They even ask strangers to watch their baggage etc while they go to the bathroom or somewhere nearby. Crazy stuff.

three mai tais later I'm not your average tourist, and very rarely will I be found to be doing stuff that tourists do, and/or doing it the way that typical tourists might do it.

I like to find the local hideaways, and pretend to be a local. I know I'm doing ok when people start asking me for directions. :)
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Onyx on Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:57 pm

bago100 wrote:It just seems unusual that the D70 forum shirts are not moving especially in light of the huge increase in membership and posts.

It may have something to do with the overweight unattractive asian male on the front page of this site, trying to "sell" these polo shirts. I suggest replacing that image with a similar one featuring an attractive female model (combined with Portrait workshop = two birds with one stone). ;)
Onyx

Postby stubbsy on Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:13 pm

Onyx wrote:overweight unattractive asian male

I hope you don't really believe that, esp the overweight bit (I'll let you get away with the asian male bit :wink: ).

I haven't bought a shirt, but will now I've been reminded since I DO want one, it's just lens lust is a craving that requires more urgent satisfying than do my fashion requirements!

Maybe birddog needs to scatter a few shirts amongst the other gear at our meets to tempt us.
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby Nnnnsic on Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:07 pm

I don't actually wear my shirt.
It's too big for me. But I have one!

Mind you, I'd probably be un-administrator-ed if I didn't.
Nnnnsic

Postby genji on Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:44 pm

Nnnnsic wrote:With that genji, don't take any of it the wrong way.

mate, i didnt take what you and gary wrote the wrong way, :D

I intend to meet up with you and the rest of the members for 1 metre pizza's, then we could have coffee at brunetti's!

take care
genji

Postby Nnnnsic on Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:51 pm

Oh good... phew... we've had some people take it the wrong way...

I'll admit it... it can be a bit disconcerting to have two people who pretty much think the same way (it's horrible, isn't it?) saying the same thing over and over again... glad we didn't offend you. :)
Nnnnsic

Postby pippin88 on Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:30 am

Nnnnsic wrote:This forum is still a photographic forum... it's not here JUST to be a bargains section... sure, some of the cheaper equipment helps but the forum is certainly not built on that... I see far more posts of people discussing photographic subjects, techniques, and image criticisations than I do for cheap equipment and I feel that that's a positive point.

I originally joined here to have a look at the bargains forum, and then decided to grab some stuff of Birddog. Since then I've made a reasonable number of posts and come to find this a great community, but haven't actually even purchased anything at all. The bargains drew me past the first glance, but the community and members kept my interest here.
pippin88

Postby Manta on Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:13 am

What is patently obvious in this thread is how often good intentions can be completely derailed the moment those intentions are interpreted via a keyboard. The nuances of human communication have not, YET, been digitised by Mr Gates and sold as That's What I Really Meant V1.0 so I fear we are going to have these 'discussions' for some time.

The difference with this forum is the way that communication gap, or lag, is handled and I'm happy to report that I'm reminded of this fact every time I log in. That, dear readers, is exactly the reason I'm a member of your community and not one of the others.

The technical assistance here is second to none, the reviews and comments of my L-Plate images are extremely helpful, the humour and wit get me through some pretty awful night shifts. and the bargains are great (still happy to wait for my pro-loop strap while considering what size shirt to order).

However... it's the spirit of the forum that is its greatest feature and for that Gary, Leigh, Birddog and all the regular contributors can be justifiably proud.

Now if you could just move everything up here to Brisbane that would be peachy, thanks.

:wink: Simon.
Simon
D300 l MB-D10 l D70 l SB-800 l 70-200 VR l TC 17-E l 18-70 f3.5-4.5 l 70-300 f4-5.6 l 50 f1.4 l 90 Macro f2.8 l 12-24 f4
http://www.redbubble.com/people/manta
Manta
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year

Postby gstark on Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:57 pm

Simon,

Manta wrote:Now if you could just move everything up here to Brisbane that would be peachy, thanks.

Seems to be fine here in Waikiki.
g.
Gary Stark
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby MattC on Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:11 pm

Manta,

I agree with your comments 100%. I am yet to see anything truly offensive in this forum, and hopefully I never will. I find that words written by others have to be read assuming that no offence is intended. Even during vigorous disagreement. I have had a few swipes taken at me, but I assume it is a friendly swipe and part of the good nature of this forum.
Just because I have a head of steam up (for whatever reason) when I read something, does not mean that the author of those words did when they were written.

Written language tends to be a bit vague, it does not really take into account expression, attitude, body language... I am starting to learn the true value of those emoticons. BTW, I came across this forum by chance. The bargains section was populated mainly by posts from users other than Birddog, so was not the reason that I joined. I liked the good natured conversation. I also liked the way a thread could go way off topic and back again without anyone getting upset, and I am yet to to see a comment like RTFM in response to a newbie question - and I hope that anyone that ever does do this gets his! :D

Cheers

Matt
MattC

Postby Manta on Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:32 pm

gstark wrote:Simon,

Manta wrote:Now if you could just move everything up here to Brisbane that would be peachy, thanks.

Seems to be fine here in Waikiki.

I'm sure it is Gary but we Queenslanders only have to step out our front doors for sun, surf and sand!!

Enjoy your holiday - you've earned it.Image
Simon
D300 l MB-D10 l D70 l SB-800 l 70-200 VR l TC 17-E l 18-70 f3.5-4.5 l 70-300 f4-5.6 l 50 f1.4 l 90 Macro f2.8 l 12-24 f4
Manta

Postby Matt. K on Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:51 pm

Birdy's comment that he has never tried to push a polo shirt onto anyone is accurate. I have been going to the meets at Birdies since they started and I have never purchased a polo shirt. Why? Because I have a pyschological aversion to polo shirts. Everybody turns up wearing a swish D70 Forum polo shirt except me. I can only wear shirts with large pockets just in case there's a major earthquake and I need to fill the pockets with survival equipment and emergency rations in order to survive. Forum member who go the meets do not discriminate against me because of my shirt. (I think it secretly comforts them that if there is a disaster then at least I am somewhat ready to adapt). So partly because of my paranoia...Birdy has too many polo shirts. But he knows that they will one day be collectibles and prime sellers on Ebay. So don't leave your polo shirt purchase for too long. There can be no finer investment...no finer statement of high fashion. And if we do get that earthquake...then follow me.
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby Manta on Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:04 pm

Matt. K wrote:And if we do get that earthquake...then follow me.

Count me in Matt, if only for the 'comic' relief !!

(Oh...and I just ordered a polo from Birdy today so if you could just shove a few things for me in your shirt pockets that'd be great...)Image

Simon
Simon
Manta

Postby MattC on Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:06 pm

Guess I am just a dag and I will die! I wear polos all of the time (they suit the climate), and live in an earthquake hot spot. Birddog did not try to sell me a shirt, but did ask if I wanted to buy one (as well as the pro-loop strap) when I bought a printer through him. I took both. I am tempted to buy a couple more.

Cheers

Matt
MattC

Postby Matt. K on Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:21 pm

mattco6974
That's very well...but when the earth trembles and shakes...and civilization as we know it is no more...then don't come crawling to me for a bite of my Mars Bar. Don't ask me for a loan of my Swiss Navy knife or my Silva compass or my perpetual fire lighter. Survival favours the prepared.
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K

Postby Manta on Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:28 pm

Matt. K wrote:mattco6974
That's very well...but when the earth trembles and shakes...and civilization as we know it is no more...then don't come crawling to me for a bite of my Mars Bar. Don't ask me for a loan of my Swiss Navy knife or my Silva compass or my perpetual fire lighter. Survival favours the prepared.

Fortunately, those with polo shirts are the only ones who will be spared the wrath of the shaking earth as we will be saved by a huge rescue VR lens driven by Birddog!

Tremor? What tremor???
Simon
Manta

Postby phillipb on Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:30 pm

Ok Matt, You've convinced me. So the next shipment will be of shirts with D70 logo and big pockets. While we're at it we may as well have inflateable sleves to use as floaties :wink:

**Nikon D7000**
phillipb

Postby Nnnnsic on Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:30 pm

That's why I've got an inanimate carbon rod and a book with the letters "Don't Panic" on the front!
Nnnnsic

Postby MattC on Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:31 pm

I have my survival backpack instead. It goes everywhere with me. Now I just have to figure out how to get all of that gear into the mini trekker.

Cheers

Matt
MattC

Postby Matt. K on Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:38 pm

phillipb

Inflatable sleeves! Brilliant! Brilliant!
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K

Postby birddog114 on Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:49 pm

Matt. K wrote:phillipb

Inflatable sleeves! Brilliant! Brilliant!

I have coupa completed aircrew survival vests with all the needies and coupa full cases of rations MRE (Meal Ready To Eat) given to me from my friends based at Yokota and Kadena, Japan.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby MattC on Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:51 pm

Birddog has everything. Now we know who the real survivor will be.

Cheers

Matt
MattC

Postby Matt. K on Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:56 pm

Birdy
Dump the "Ready to Eats" and fill your pockets with Mars Bars. You can exchange them for anything on a desolute planet. Even exchange them for Krispy Creams and McDonalds!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K

A suggestion....

Postby cyanide on Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:27 am

I hope nobody minds me resurrecting this slightly dated thread, but I only just tonight stumbled upon it and have spent the last couple of hours reading it in its entirity.

I was lucky enough to come across a mention of this site on dpreview in about Sep last year (it was VERY young!!), and have been an (occasional) lurker since. Recently making the decision to finally purchase my D70 prompted me to register properly, and I look forward to getting to know everyone in the coming months, although it will be 2006 before I can actually join any meets, unfortunately... :?

So..... to the topic at hand...

I only really focussed on the "special deals" aspect of the board after purchasing my D70 and then thinking, "Hmmmmm... what next?" But, in addition to supporting the general consensus in this thread that Birddog's generous donations of time and effort should be respected and protected, I had a thought on how to possibly decrease (or, rather - share) the load, and I wondered if it might be feasible. It might not be ideal, but it may be a way to enable the community - particularly in an expanded state - to maintain access to Birdy's special deals, without taxing his patience and resources TOO much.

As background, I am an Aussie currently living overseas. Within the expat community here, we get together and bulk order items that are not available at local shops.

Twice a year, we do a bulk order from Aus, and someone (actually, two people, but anyway) co-ordinates the order. That person is responsible for collecting orders from individuals, collating them, and submitting a consolidated order to the supplier. That same person is responsible for co-ordinating payments and advising delivery date to all "orderers".

Perhaps some similar system could be implemented within this community? Sure, it could be more than twice a year (!!), but in terms of concept... would it help?? Someone (on a roster?) would be responsible for keeping a spreadsheet with incoming orders, despatching that on a set date to Birdy, keeping a separate spreadsheet with payment details (ie people let them know "I paid on this date in this manner") and confirming this with Birdy, and basically being the POC (Point Of Contact) for all enquiries about the status of that order. Even if the orders are mailed out to individual addresses, at least Birdy would only have to deal with one "Here is an order" email, vs twenty.

Thoughts??? Am I way off base??

I would certainly be more than happy to participate in the "roster"... and I have a great spreadsheet which might help with logistics... :D

Cheers
cyanide

Postby gstark on Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:46 am

Hi Cyanide, and welcome.

Where are you located? Please also put your location in your profile.

Leigh and I are both ex-ex-pats., having spent time in California and Texas. Neither area within which we lived had large ex-pat Aussie communities, but I am aware of schemes such as you are describing., and with respect to some items, we are already implementing that sort of idea, albeit with Birddog as the POC.

One issue that I do see with this is Oz customs. Consider the difference between one individual bringing in, say, a 24-120VR, and perhaps a group bringing in 10 of them.

Initial payment would presumably not be an issue in either case, but in the first instance, it would be likely that GST would not attach to the transaction.

OTOH, GST would be highly likely to be attached to the second, making the deal not only more expensive, but consider the issues surrounding collection: the importing agency (UPS/FeEx) would require immediate payment (for all 10 units, together) from the POC.

The POC would have the task of seeking remibursement from each particpant after the fact, but prior to release of the goods from customs.

Not an impossible scenario to work around, but certainly food for thought.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby cyanide on Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:45 am

Cheers Gary

I am currently in Seoul - not a huge expat community, but a relatively cohesive one.

I should first clarify something about this "suggestion".

I don't claim that, for those who are currently ordering already through Birddog, it is a better way of doing things. It will no doubt be more complicated. However, if the forum user number continues to increase at the same rate as was suggested earlier in this thread, then eventually an alternative solution may need to be found. So, while an idea such as this might not be good now, in the future, it may be better than no access to Birddog's offers at all. I definitely consider it suggestion for the future, as opposed to a "this would work now" idea.

Re Oz Customs - initially I though this would be a problem, but then on rethink, I wouldn't see the shipping arrangements as being any different to the current setup, ie, each order goes out to the separate address of the individual who ordered it, rather than all funnelling through the "co-ordinator". The delivery addresses etc would just have to be part of the info provided to the POC at time of ordering, and could be included on the spreadsheet format. The orders wouldn't even necessarily all be sent (by Birdy et al) on the exact same day- that would depend on small stock movements, other workload etc - although yes, I would assume that they would all be sent within the period of a few days... do you think even that would attract too much attention?

Re payment - actually, as I have not had the opportunity to order from Birddog yet, I do not know how things currently work. I assume that the person pays extra to Birddog to cover the shipping; or is there a COD component? I absolutely think that people should not disagree to prepay, for such bargain prices. Again, this might not be as convenient as the current setup sems to be, but again - better than nothing.

When I mention the POC being responsible for coordinating payment, I do not in any way mean that any money is to go through them. Instead, I imagine:

- Knowing a set (ie advertised on forums) date cutoff for orders, Persons A through Z send email to POC saying, "I want xxxxx item, here is my address".

- On a set date, POC collates all orders and sends Birdy a request email, giving both the consolidated total items (ie, 4 x 20-700 VR; 2 x 50mm 1.8 etc) as well as a per-"orderer" breakdown (Person A = 1 x 20-700 VR; Person B = 1 x 50mm 1.8 etc) .

- POC sends out emails to all who ordered, saying "Order has been submitted, pls pay now and advise me of payment details". Persons A through Z pay their amounts directly to Birddog and advise POC of amount, date and method of payment.

- POC collates this info and sends it off to Birdy who checks with payments received. Once payments are confirmed, Birdy mails out items and advises POC (and possibly orderer... or POC then does that.... whatever).

I know it sounds complicated, and I am not saying it won't have its own share of hassles - but perhaps at least they won't all be Birdy's hassles, that's all.

Anyway, 'tis just an idea, and no doubt a flawed one at that!! Just a thought that came to me as I was reading the thread.

Regardless, I look forward to contributing to the community in some small way.

Cheers :D
cyanide

Postby gstark on Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:34 am

It certainly provides some points for consideration for the future.

I know Birddog will have his own thoughts on this, and I will certainly have an opportunity to discuss it with him on my return to Sydney next week.

Thanx very much for the time you've taken and the thoughts that you've put into this.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby birddog114 on Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:58 am

Hi Cyanide,

Welcome and thanks for your ideas, I've tried those solutions and they won't work with our situation, due to the following factors, if these are for foods or commodities, then they are difference, cos those commodities can be utilize or consuming after by other:

- Members are not regularly order their needs in a weekly or monthly basic and not always the same items.
- Suppliers won't happy to make a single shipment to each member's order due to the cost of shipping charges and we want prices lowest as much as we can and I called it bulk buy. Each single shipment cost US$20.00 more/ item than bulk shipment.
- Members do not have in their mind what they want to have/ order next and they want to pick up as soon as they can.
- Suppliers won't register serial number and we have to do it overhere.

I think we may leave the way it's until something come up in a later date and we will have to re-work it out the way we can help members.
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby cyanide on Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:52 am

Agree with all the down sides you have pointed out, Birddog.

Oh well - scrap that idea, hehe.

Cheers
cyanide

Postby DVEous on Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:13 am

... Obsolete ...
Last edited by DVEous on Sat May 03, 2014 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DVEous

Postby Nnnnsic on Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:22 am

Ever owned a film camera?
Nnnnsic

Postby Onyx on Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:32 am

1) Be nice to the admins. Stroke their ego to make them feel special, or at the least not cause them to notice you for unfavourable reasons. Once you're on their scrutiny list, it's fairly hard to shake... ;)

2) Attend a meet - I'm sure the QLD chapter have meets, they just recently had an SB800 meet IIRC. Attendance is viewed favourably by the admins.

3) Posted images need not be from a D70(s) camera. In fact, this site is undergoing official namechange to DSLRusers.com, encouraging users of other cameras to join in on the fun.

4) Reviving old thread should be viewed favourably too - note admins! ;) It shows you took the initiative to search on a topic before double/triple/quadruple cross-posting asking questions already answered. I think it's refreshing to re-read old threads... :)

5) Join in the speculating fun of the upcoming D200 - to see if the additional features are of any use to you over the D70s. Coming from the Oly 8080 - you should know digital camera technology better than a first timer or film shooter, and come to identify your likes and dislikes or preferences for a camera.
Onyx

Postby gstark on Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:33 am

VK4CP wrote:
gstark wrote:...
1: Minimum of 30 posts
2: Minimum of 1 image posting

Well from a newb's POV, to be eligible for the member's benefits, this can be quite an ask... without posting dribble.

Two points ...

1: You also need to have your location - meaningful - in your profile. You have this, so no worries.

2: Most people seem to not have any issues getting to 30 posts. I'm not disputing that it might be challenging - in fact, that is a part of the thought processes behind it - but we also need to protect the fragile volunteer resources that provide the services, free of charge, to our members.

With the exception of Onyx's first point, he has summed it up very well, but I would add that the 30 posts is also a guide - many have demonstrated community involvement in other ways, and thus been granted earlier access.

Thanx for taking the effort to check the old thread; I do appreciate it.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby DVEous on Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:02 pm

... Obsolete ...
Last edited by DVEous on Sat May 03, 2014 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DVEous

Postby stubbsy on Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:27 pm

One other thing Adam. Apart from posts in old threads I'm sure there are some, if not many, of the image review and critique posts on which you have a comment favourable (or not) to make or a suggestion for improvement to offer.
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby gstark on Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:40 pm

VK4CP wrote:
Nnnnsic wrote:Ever owned a film camera?

Yes, a Pentax SF-7, Minolta 303si and then a 404si after the 303 was drowned by that damned blowhole at Bicheno TAS. Only entry level SLRs, but did the job and were fun to use.

Which probably means that you have some images that you scan and post ... :)
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Nnnnsic on Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:09 pm

gstark wrote:
VK4CP wrote:

Yes, a Pentax SF-7, Minolta 303si and then a 404si after the 303 was drowned by that damned blowhole at Bicheno TAS. Only entry level SLRs, but did the job and were fun to use.

Which was exactly my point. :)
Nnnnsic

Postby birddog114 on Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:18 pm

Nnnnsic wrote:
gstark wrote:
VK4CP wrote:

My reply is:

""" Sorry I don't have a scanner" and " Does anyone has the scanner which I can borrow?"" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby gstark on Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:22 pm

Birddog114 wrote:
Nnnnsic wrote:
gstark wrote:
VK4CP wrote:

My reply is:

""" Sorry I don't have a scanner" and " Does anyone has the scanner which I can borrow?"" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Which I would consider to be a legitimate post, given the context. :)
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby T0nyGTSt on Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:13 am

Let me first say that I'm a newcomer to this forum and post with all due respect.

Here's a typical thread:

http://www.d70users.net/viewtopic.php?t=9972

I wish to reply to it with useful information (I have that lens) yet I am uncapable of doing such?

Why?

T.
T0nyGTSt

Postby birddog114 on Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:17 am

T0nyGTSt wrote:Let me first say that I'm a newcomer to this forum and post with all due respect.

Here's a typical thread:

http://www.d70users.net/viewtopic.php?t=9972

I wish to reply to it with useful information (I have that lens) yet I am uncapable of doing such?

Why?

T.

Welcome Tony!

Please take time to visit the FAQ of this forum:

http://www.d70users.com/faq.php

And there are answers to your question.
Birddog114
birddog114

Previous

Return to Information