Printer profile workshop-Thanks smac

Forum rules and nettiquette, along with other items of general interest.

Important information about this forum is contained here, and members MUST familiarise themselves with the posts here, as well as what is contained within the FAQ.

Please do not complain if you ask a question regarding a topic covered here or in the FAQ and in response you get a rather brusque, obtuse or sarcastic response. We get sick and tired of answering the same questions, day in, day out, when the answers are clearly published, in plain view, and all that is required is for you to open your eyes and read them!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Printer profile workshop-Thanks smac

Postby Matt. K on Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:58 pm

A huge thanks to Stuart for the effort he put in with the printer profile workshop! It filled a vital gap in my knowledge of the subject. For those who were not there Stuart arranged for a subject matter expert to give a talk and demonstartion on the above subject and Stuart made some very large prints from our files with the new Canon printer...the fastest inkjet printer I have ever seen. A very impressive machine! Canon printers were not previously on my radar screen but they are now seriously competitive with Epson. Stuart did go a lighter shade of pale when he printed out one of Leons panoramas and it ended up being many metres long! This was a very complex subject and all of the participants learnt heaps. Thanks to you and your team Stuart.
Last edited by Matt. K on Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby the foto fanatic on Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:02 pm

Well done Stuart.

Another selfless contributor to the general standard of photography and knowledge of photography within this forum.
TFF (Trevor)
My History Blog: Your Brisbane: Past & Present
My Photo Blog: The Foto Fanatic
Nikon stuff!
the foto fanatic

Re: Printer prifile workshop-Thanks smac

Postby sheepie on Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:09 pm

Matt. K wrote:Stuart did go a lighter shade of pale when he printed out one of Leons panoramas and it ended up being many metres long!

Now now Matt - it was only 2 metres ;) :shock: :shock: :shock:

Extreme thanks go to Stuart for his hospitality this morning, learnt a lot, and really enjoyed it :)
*** When getting there is half the fun! ***
sheepie
Key Member

Location: Picnic Point, Sydney Australia *** Nikon D200/D70 ***

Postby Glen on Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:14 pm

Leon, I am guessing you were using the machine which costs a holiday for two to Bali to re-ink? :lol:

Thanks Stuart for a big big effort
Glen

Postby smac on Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:40 pm

It was my pleasure guys....great to see a few people walking away with their panos printed....

As it happens Leon's Pano was a excellent bush scene, it was fortunate that he captured this scene as we have since had to cut down all the trees in the picture to give us enough paper to print it.

Stuart
'Tis better to have loved and lust than never to have lust at all.
smac

Postby Glen on Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:43 pm

smac wrote:As it happens Leon's Pano was a excellent bush scene, it was fortunate that he captured this scene as we have since had to cut down all the trees in the picture to give us enough paper to print it.

Stuart

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Glen

Postby Matt. K on Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:50 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby Jenno on Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:44 pm

I echo Matt's thanks to Stuart for the informative presentation, making the venue available and for his colleages who gratiously gave up part of their Saturday to educate us.

Thanks also to Matt for imparting his very thorough photoshop knowlege and for patience in adddressing our many "how did you do that" type of questions.

The morning was very fruitfull for those who were lucky enough to attend

Ray
Jenno

Postby Yi-P on Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:10 pm

A BIG BIG THANKS to Stuart for his generousity today!!!

Everybody was shocked speechlessly with the pano shot I brought home today. The printer workshop was very helpful, I learned so many things that I could imagine before attending.

Just too bad that I cant afford a printer like that, otherwise I wont be painting my room or buying wallpapers :lol:

Thanks to Matt as well for the thorough photoshop tutorial, I did learned quite some new stuffs today, and will give them a try! PS. I feel very sorry to Ken as which he couldnt attend the event due to some unfortunate issue with his truck :( Sorry mate
Yi-P

Postby MHD on Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:47 am

I must say, after seeing the results displayed at the dinner last night (to much applause from the audience, that what we are about after all, taking great images) I was utterly impressed! Even if Leon's image took 5 stout men to hold it up :)
New page
http://www.potofgrass.com
Portfolio...
http://images.potofgrass.com
Comments and money always welcome
MHD

Postby gstark on Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:40 pm

Stuart, Matt K ...

Tuank you, both of you, for your efforts in making the two workshops such worthwhile events for our members.

Stuart,

An especially big thank you to you, on behalf of everyone here, for your generous donation of the use of your premises and equipment in the running of these workshops, along with the provision of the refreshments etc.

Looking at the results last night from the printer profiling workshop, I have only one word to say: awsome.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Yi-P on Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:55 pm

gstark wrote:Stuart, Matt K ...
Looking at the results last night from the printer profiling workshop, I have only one word to say: awsome.

Bloody awesome it is.
Frame, frame frame.... now I need a frame... 8)

Yi-P

Postby ABG on Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:31 am

Echoing the comments above - thanks very much Stuart for the provision of premises, equipment, refreshments and expertise on Saturday. I really do appreciate just how much effort you put into the workshop for the benefit of those of us lucky enough to attend. Like Matt, it filled a big gap in my knowledge of the subject.
Andrew
ABG

Postby sheepie on Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:42 pm

MHD wrote:...Even if Leon's image took 5 stout men to hold it up :)

On that, I remember someone took a photo while we were holding it up - can't remember who. Could whoever it was please post it please? Would love to see it!

Ta :D
sheepie
Key Member

Postby firsty on Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:15 pm

sorry the photo color is so poor but I had been mucking around with the camera (f5, 1/10, ISO 1000, no flash, hand held)

firsty

Postby sheepie on Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:40 pm

That's the one! Do you mind if I pinch it please?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
sheepie
Key Member

Postby firsty on Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:43 am

here is the Nef... its yours have fun :)

http://pics.mcgoffs.net/large-images/_KM16069.NEF
firsty

Return to Information