Just a short note for Sigma fans

Forum rules and nettiquette, along with other items of general interest.

Important information about this forum is contained here, and members MUST familiarise themselves with the posts here, as well as what is contained within the FAQ.

Please do not complain if you ask a question regarding a topic covered here or in the FAQ and in response you get a rather brusque, obtuse or sarcastic response. We get sick and tired of answering the same questions, day in, day out, when the answers are clearly published, in plain view, and all that is required is for you to open your eyes and read them!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Just a short note for Sigma fans

Postby birddog114 on Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:37 am

Just a short note for Sigma fans to read on the new Sigma 10-20

A translate version from original;

http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... uage_tools
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby Paul on Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:45 am

At AU$930 and it appears to accept front filters this might be an option for me, pity it won't be on the shelves until the end of the year. :cry:
Nikon F80D, FM2n
RRS BH-55, 055XPROB
Smugmug
Paul

Postby dooda on Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:44 am

Not until the end of the year? But I need it now. Where did you read that? I didn't see a date, excepte for July 29th 05. This makes me sad because I'd rather get this then the 12-24.
love's first sighs are wisdom's last

Dave
http://www.flickr.com/photos/elton/
dooda
Party Animal

Postby Antsl on Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:17 pm

I had a go with this lens yesterday at Michaels in Melbourne. They only had one left and it was only a Canon mount. A few of them have arrived in the country however there is a big back order on them.

Size was rather compact, I have not had a chance to look closely at the test images however the lens seems like a good buy. the only down side is the f5.6 at the long end .... another sunny day lens!
Antsl

Postby birddog114 on Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:20 pm

Antsl wrote:I had a go with this lens yesterday at Michaels in Melbourne. They only had one left and it was only a Canon mount. A few of them have arrived in the country however there is a big back order on them.

Size was rather compact, I have not had a chance to look closely at the test images however the lens seems like a good buy. the only down side is the f5.6 at the long end .... another sunny day lens!

What? you have tried the Sigma 10-20 already? Their official released date is 29/7., it means few more days to go.

Even HKG and US do not have them yet!!!!!

Edit: And something like Sigma 30/1.4, No one has or seen it yet even from the Sigma Disti. in Australia :shock:
Last edited by birddog114 on Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby Nnnnsic on Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:25 pm

Wow... a 10-20 with filter attachment... geeze, I might turn to the dark side...
Producer & Editor @ GadgetGuy.com.au
Contributor for fine magazines such as PC Authority and Popular Science.
Nnnnsic
I'm a jazz singer... so I know what I'm doing

Postby birddog114 on Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:28 pm

Nnnnsic wrote:Wow... a 10-20 with filter attachment... geeze, I might turn to the dark side...

Another POTW is waiting for you Leigh! :lol:
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby dooda on Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:33 pm

what filter would you use Leigh? The only filter I ever use besides the old UV every so often is the polarizor, but on such a wide angle I wouldn't bother because skies would be so blotchy. Of course I guess if you were using it for reflections on water and saturation on trees etc it might, but wouldn't it screw up the skies?
love's first sighs are wisdom's last

Dave
http://www.flickr.com/photos/elton/
dooda
Party Animal

Postby Nnnnsic on Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:42 pm

I'm going to have to buy myself one of the R72 filters, but there are some orange and green Ir filters I have yet to try.

I also want to buy some colour-shifted filters and some for extra contrast... I just want to screw around with my results. :)

And I want a really wide lens... the 12-24 is good, but the price isn't... the 10-20 sounds useful, especially as the Nikon 10mm doesn't support filters.
Producer & Editor @ GadgetGuy.com.au
Contributor for fine magazines such as PC Authority and Popular Science.
Nnnnsic
I'm a jazz singer... so I know what I'm doing

Return to Information