Topic Reply Notification emailed 2 times

Forum rules and nettiquette, along with other items of general interest.

Important information about this forum is contained here, and members MUST familiarise themselves with the posts here, as well as what is contained within the FAQ.

Please do not complain if you ask a question regarding a topic covered here or in the FAQ and in response you get a rather brusque, obtuse or sarcastic response. We get sick and tired of answering the same questions, day in, day out, when the answers are clearly published, in plain view, and all that is required is for you to open your eyes and read them!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Topic Reply Notification emailed 2 times

Postby oli on Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:15 pm

Does anyone else use the email option to receive topic reply notifications? I use it on basically every forum I'm on to keep track of threads I'm participating in, and on this forum I've noticed something strange which doesn't happen elsewhere:
I receive every topic reply notification twice.

Does anyone else have this problem? :?:

If so could an admin look into it? Or suggest what could be causing it at my end?
Photo gallery online <a href="http://photoden.net/oliver">here</a> and some more on deviantArt <a href="http://oliau.deviantart.com">here</a>.
oli

Postby Alpha_7 on Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:26 pm

I have it turned on, and yes I do.
I didn't realise it though as it goes to my gmail account, and gmail does that thing where it groups the same/similar emails. So really *I should* of noticed.
Alpha_7

Postby PiroStitch on Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:43 pm

I had it turned on but then turned it off 'cos it was getting too distracting from work....I tried to use the RSS as well but that even made it worse for me.

In terms of getting duplicate emails, I'd have to say wait for one of the admins/mods to get back to you.
Hassy, Leica, Nikon, iPhone
Come follow the rabbit hole...
PiroStitch

Return to Information