Discount Digital Photographics

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Postby seeto.centric on Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:46 pm

went there on friday evening, great helpful service. he managed to steer me away from the plain hoya HMC's and towards the Pro1's.. but i thought an extra $20-30 isnt that bad considering the lens its going on! (when it arrives :P)
also bought a 2GB CF extreme III off him aswell. afaik, they currently have the cheapest ones around.

gotta love walking in and being served in a manner that makes you want to buy more off them :P
pity he had no sigma 30mm's in stock :( apparently sigma stuff doesnt sell well and when it does, it wouldve lost value by then.
might drop in again tomorrow and pick up a 50mm 1.4, depends if digitalhouse replies to my email re: the sigma or not.....

-julz
seeto.centric

Postby ods on Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:17 pm

I was looking at getting a D70s off these guys the other week, $795 body only. I thought that was a pretty good price, I've done some research and that was the cheapest I could find, especially if I was going to pick it up! Communication was great, very prompt responses to emails. I think I will be heading in there this week some time to get some CF cards.
ods

Postby Onyx on Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:18 pm

And on another note - hello and welcome to the forums ods. I noticed it's your first post, and your location is stated as Glenwood. Not far from me (Kings Park) and a few other members I can think of here from Quakers Hill.
Onyx

Postby phillipb on Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:21 pm

Onyx wrote:And on another note - hello and welcome to the forums ods. I noticed it's your first post, and your location is stated as Glenwood. Not far from me (Kings Park) and a few other members I can think of here from Quakers Hill.

So how come your location says Padstow :shock:

**Nikon D7000**
phillipb

Good seller

Postby surenj on Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:34 pm

Dropped in on their north sydney apartment and bought a 430EX flash and circular polariser. no probs.. hope to write off GST when I travel soon ;)
surenj

Postby ods on Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:42 am

Onyx wrote:And on another note - hello and welcome to the forums ods. I noticed it's your first post, and your location is stated as Glenwood. Not far from me (Kings Park) and a few other members I can think of here from Quakers Hill.

Been lurking for quite a while, finally a subject came up that I can participate in! This is a great site though, I'm learning a hell of alot about photography just from here!

Yeah, it looks like there are a few members from around the area. Noticed a couple of people with Baulkham hills, Castle hills, Quakers and what not.
ods

Postby seeto.centric on Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:43 am

hehe he admitted he's more of a canon boy too :P
there must be something about being a canon fan and excellent customer service........ he's not the only one!

-julz
seeto.centric

Re: Discount Digital Photographics

Postby aim54x on Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:10 am

Isiskat wrote:This place is dishonest if you find that they have sold you a faulty product. Have bought many items from this store with no problems but came across one faulty product they sold me and I have nothing but lies. Has definitely taken a shine off on my impressions of the store and will not be buying from them in future.

I have bought off these guys in the past, but I have also heard that there is some not so shiny instances with them. I am not sure the reliability of these reports. Do you care to provide more details of your experience?
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby the foto fanatic on Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:53 am

Sorry isiskat - you have not complied with our rules about posting.

Your comment is deleted.
TFF (Trevor)
My History Blog: Your Brisbane: Past & Present
My Photo Blog: The Foto Fanatic
Nikon stuff!
the foto fanatic

Postby kobeson on Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:09 am

Is it better to buy from ddp or dde (which is based in Singapore) I wonder? I mean, the same owner - one is imported from Singapore, one is local and adds in gst.

Would it be out of line to ask if somebody could pm me what isiskat said? I don't want to purchase from the company if they are dodgy, but if it was just an inappropriate post then nevermind.
Canon EOS 550D (gripped) | Canon 18-55 f3.5/5.6 | Canon 55-250 f4-5.6 | Canon 50mm f1.8 II | Raynox DCR-250
kobeson

Postby gstark on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:21 pm

kobeson wrote:Is it better to buy from ddp or dde (which is based in Singapore) I wonder? I mean, the same owner - one is imported from Singapore, one is local and adds in gst.

Actually, I believe that they're HKG based, and essentially the same. It's just a matter of where the stock physically is at any point in time.

The one big advantage with them having a local presence is that, if an item is in stock and you're not too far from them, you can wander in and pick the item up.

Would it be out of line to ask if somebody could pm me what isiskat said?

Not out of line (there's rarely any harm in asking) but Trevor has my full confidence in any action he has taken in this regard. Further; he stated that the post was deleted, and thus it is so. I am unable to bring posts back from the dead.

As a bit of guidance though, when a person comes in and starts slagging off at ... anyone ... on their very first post in the forum, you have to seriously question their motivation, and quite possibly what their interest in making such a post might be. As the operator of this forum, I find it very offensive when someone (not you, to clarify) tries to take advantage of our good name and shoots off their mouth. I've not asked Trevor for clarification, nor have I any intention of doing so; as I said, he has my full confidence, and however he chooses to exercise his judgement is fine by me.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby kobeson on Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:34 pm

gstark wrote:
kobeson wrote:Is it better to buy from ddp or dde (which is based in Singapore) I wonder? I mean, the same owner - one is imported from Singapore, one is local and adds in gst.

Actually, I believe that they're HKG based, and essentially the same. It's just a matter of where the stock physically is at any point in time.

The one big advantage with them having a local presence is that, if an item is in stock and you're not too far from them, you can wander in and pick the item up.

I am in Melbourne, but still the convenience of having them in the same quarter of the country is still good enough for me - I was in Sydney this year, would have dropped in had I known of the shop then

gstark wrote:
kobeson wrote:Would it be out of line to ask if somebody could pm me what isiskat said?

Not out of line (there's rarely any harm in asking) but Trevor has my full confidence in any action he has taken in this regard. Further; he stated that the post was deleted, and thus it is so. I am unable to bring posts back from the dead.

As a bit of guidance though, when a person comes in and starts slagging off at ... anyone ... on their very first post in the forum, you have to seriously question their motivation, and quite possibly what their interest in making such a post might be. As the operator of this forum, I find it very offensive when someone (not you, to clarify) tries to take advantage of our good name and shoots off their mouth. I've not asked Trevor for clarification, nor have I any intention of doing so; as I said, he has my full confidence, and however he chooses to exercise his judgement is fine by me.

No problem at all, I completely understand - I like a moderated forum when it comes to that kind of crap :)

I was just curious of any 'word of warning' before buying from ddp/dde.

Cheers :)
Canon EOS 550D (gripped) | Canon 18-55 f3.5/5.6 | Canon 55-250 f4-5.6 | Canon 50mm f1.8 II | Raynox DCR-250
kobeson

Postby kanewalton on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:48 am

Still having a bab experience with DDP...
I took a month and many promised delivery dates missed to recieve the lens i ordered.(also ordered 60d and warranty). I got the body after 2 weeks and being mucked around on delivery
My warranty is still not valid, i have been contacting mackwarrnty and they will not honour my paid for warranty untill DDP provides me with a warranty card or contract number.
DDP claims they cannot give me that info, but mack says they should have!!!
Its been near 2 months now since ordered and paid for, communication from DDP is terrible. Rarely get a response through email, problem not resolved over phone, and after repeated reqests for manager not forthcoming

I just want what i have paid for
kanewalton

Previous

Return to Trader Opinions